Sign in to follow this  
Donkeyramp

Clearnace for CPU cooler Coolermaster Cosmos 1000

Donkeyramp    0

Hiya, I just recently purchased a Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 and an Intel i7 920, Asus P6t mobo, and 3x 2gb Corsair Dominator DDR3, and was curious if a Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 or Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme 1366RT would work at all with this combo, I'm using the stocker right now, but plan on OC when I get a new fan, just want to order the right one and have it fit properly, that corsair ram is huge! Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

rcub3    0

I don't know about those fans, but the V8 is too big. Don't get a V8 unless you want to remove the fan.

BrettWms    0

The OP is looking at the Cosmos 1000, not the Cosmos S.. There's no side fan on the standard Cosmos 1000. So, you really only need to look at the clearance. So.. Saying that.. I think it will fit, but you'll need to find out the inside dimensions first.

Donkeyramp    0

The Noctua was a success, it's working like a dream, dropped temps a great deal, i'm already OCing and getting low 40's idle at 3.6ghz. Great product by noctua, and I'm glad the Cosmos 1000 worked out perfectly