Sign in to follow this  
rickyman

which case DOES V10 cpu cooler fit?

rickyman    0

hi everyone,

i am looking to buy V10 cpu cooler for amd Phenom II 940. I am wondering which case will it into this cpu cooler.

i am looking to buy CM590, CM690 or just CM 330 case.

cmyers    0
how wide has it to be in order to hold V10 cooler? which case fit the V10 cooler except 690 and 590 case?

I think its something like 180mm or so... I'm not sure.

Fits in my Stacker 830 with plenty of room to spare...although, you'd need to take the side fan panel off...

Fits in my Stacker 830 with plenty of room to spare...although, you'd need to take the side fan panel off...

Wish I had read this before I ordered $150 worth of silent fans for that panel :-(

My V10 just arrived & was under the impression that it was a good but tight / snug fit with the 4 fan panel in place...

I suppose you shouldn't believe everything you read or every sales person you speak to huh...

I will take a look-see when I put mine in later, if there cannot be a slight modification to the panel & have at least one / two or even 3 of the fans able to be mounted in that tray & installed.

Can't get my mind around it just at this moment in time.

I'd say for sure the old 810 if you are lucky enough to own one or find one for sale somewhere, I can reprot back on the 810 in a week or two if I like the V10 in my 830, I will be adding one in my 810 PC also.

THE TRUTH IS !!!

I have my V10 in my 830 up & running with the inner side door (Fan panel) which closes perfectly.

All you have to do is 'unclip' (3 seconds worth of work) the top left fan bracket.

After that you are good to go.

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

Hope that settles another bit of misinformation about the V10.

jagster    0

Why can't (or is it "won't") Cooler Master engineers publish a V10 case compatibility listing among their own product lines?? Specifically, I'd like to know about the Cosmos 1000 and related series as well as test results on those cases - i.e. air flow studies, benchmark tests, etc. etc.. Or is that a "Why didn't I think of that??" revelation still to be realized by Cooler Master? :oops:

The Noctua NH-U12P just fits but works well. Too bad the V10 arrived on the scene later, but I'm still intrigued by it.

Given the 'sound-deadening-egg-crate-foam' inserts that are glued to Cosmos 1000 side panels AND the orientation of the V10 fans, will the V10 be able to 'breath' with remaining clearance from those inserts assuming I could even close the side panel on it?

Helloooo, Cooler Master, are you awake?? Don't make your customers do work that your own tech peeps should be providing as value added service!! At the very least, help your customers take the guess work out of the build process. THX. :blackeye:

I cannot see why Coolermaster would make a cooler that won't fit in anything other than a stacker case..

I know it fits in the 830's as the photos above show, it fits inside the 810 with both the regular side pane & the aftermarket window panel...

TBH as big as it is, it still isn't nearly as big as it would appear height wiase off of the mobo, I think it has an asus silent square beat by 1/4 of an inch.

With that said, I can close a CM Wave master with an asus silent square & have room, thus it should hold a V10 also.

I think you may find it fits in any full tower & most mid ATX towers.

But as we know, no two cases are built alike (unless it's the same make & model, even then when looking at cheaper brands you can still say no two cases are built alike lol)...

My point being, just because it fits a case does not make it a viable cooling soloution for that case.

The stackers.. great, loadsa room & no worries about blocking drive bays etc...

In your case (no pun intended there) jagster I'd be looking at the plans on paper for the 830 as seen in the pictures above & the same for the case you have (cosmos?)..

Can't be that hard to work out from there huh?

A way around this would be to buy it from our friends at newegg, pop it on the cpu, pop the mobo in the case & try to close the door, if it closes it's a keeper, if it don't... either send it back or make a nice big mod to the side panel to make it fit...

I drew up plans for a custom case with a large air intake scoop, not far from what you'd find on the hood of a car (in fact it comes from a car kit parts book) just that it sits sideways on the panl so she pulls air in from the front of the case's direction...

With this addition the V10 would fit in any case :-)

But I like the first few iseas, work it out on paper, then buy one & if it don't work send it back...

Newegg are pretty good about taking things back...

If they didn't, I'd offer to buy it off of you as used LOL :-)

(If I get a chance I will look at the case you have & do the paperwork if you need it & can't work it out for yourself.

===============

In the deffence of the people at CoolerMaster, there are just way too many cases on the market for them to start saying what the V10 will fit in.

Add the dif' mobos, CPUs that the V10 sits on & you have way too many combos to sort out.

Looks like we have the same CPU, so you will use the same 'kit' to fit it, meaning no RAM acceess problems...

Had you an ihell CPU, the V10 sits closer to the board hence the complaints about not getting to the ram, but being able to squeeze the V10 into slimmer cases...

======== I'm sure between us e can work something out huh...

jagster    0

Hey Torchwood ... appreciate the 'offer' to buy a used V10 from me. :wink:

Comparing dimensions between the ACTS 840 (w 9.57") vs. Stacker 830 (w 9.84") vs. Cosmos 1000 (w 10.47"), that leaves the Cosmos having the most potential clearance between mobo and opposite panel. Not bad. But I've read other posts on the Cosmos S compatibility issue - includes removing a panel fan. WIth a .6 in width advantage, it looks promising. But once you close the panel, its still a guess on whether air flow is being compromised. Why spend money on the V10 if once compromises cooling capability?

It just make a :) of a lot better sense for CM to assess the V10 on thir OWN cases? MOG!! I'm not talking about other vendors. I'd just like to see test results on the above mentioned cases. OR, if CM designed a new panel fabrication for their own cases to optimize the V10's ability, I'd spend money on a refabricated panel for $ vs. $$ for a different chassis.

Perhaps there already is a windowed side panel (brushed steel finish) for the Cosmos 1000 ... if anyone can confirm this ..? I think the V10 is also designed as a show piece not really for hiding behind solid steel. Don't have the tools to start cutting through heavy gauge steel panels ... let alone skills at this point to complete a very clean and precise mod. Besides, I'm already well invested for my rig and don't foresee replacing the Cosmos any time soon.

What exactly is CM's thought process behind their engineering? Enough ranting ... time to move on.

Hey Torchwood ... appreciate the 'offer' to buy a used V10 from me. :wink:

Comparing dimensions between the ACTS 840 (w 9.57") vs. Stacker 830 (w 9.84") vs. Cosmos 1000 (w 10.47"), that leaves the Cosmos having the most potential clearance between mobo and opposite panel. Not bad. But I've read other posts on the Cosmos S compatibility issue - includes removing a panel fan. WIth a .6 in width advantage, it looks promising. But once you close the panel, its still a guess on whether air flow is being compromised. Why spend money on the V10 if once compromises cooling capability?

It just make a :) of a lot better sense for CM to assess the V10 on thir OWN cases? MOG!! I'm not talking about other vendors. I'd just like to see test results on the above mentioned cases. OR, if CM designed a new panel fabrication for their own cases to optimize the V10's ability, I'd spend money on a refabricated panel for $ vs. $$ for a different chassis.

Perhaps there already is a windowed side panel (brushed steel finish) for the Cosmos 1000 ... if anyone can confirm this ..? I think the V10 is also designed as a show piece not really for hiding behind solid steel. Don't have the tools to start cutting through heavy gauge steel panels ... let alone skills at this point to complete a very clean and precise mod. Besides, I'm already well invested for my rig and don't foresee replacing the Cosmos any time soon.

What exactly is CM's thought process behind their engineering? Enough ranting ... time to move on.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811999187

:)