Sign in to follow this  
gr2000

Fanless CPU Cooler for K7

gr2000    0

hey does anyone know of any fanless cpu cooler for K7 which is compatible with Gigabyte's 7VT600 motherboards(mainboards with no holes to mount cpu coolers)?

VoongKoong    0

I believe Thermaltake makes fanless designs...but if you want, you can get a CM Dream X II cooler and remove the fan :shock: . I bought the Dream X II cooler, cuz it has a big fat heatsink, and I accidentally put the fan the other way around(blowing away from heatsink :shock: ). But my temperature at 30 C case temp was around 46, which is still pretty impressive :lol: .

Hybrid-Mods    0

ThermalTake does make a fanless cooler called the Fanless 103, but isn't designed for K7 applications.. only k8 and p4. I'm currently using it.. and my temp is 32c. It's pretty big anyways.

gr2000    0

ahah i love my jet 7 :wink: i'm looking for a fanless one for my friend.

yea thermal take has a fanless cpu cooler, but that cooler requires mount holes on ur mainboard. my friend's mainboard is a GA-7VT600 1394

gr2000    0

ahah, well that defeats the purpose of having a fanless cpu cooler eh? well this is basicly what my friend's looking for: Tower Heat Sink.Something like a Hyper 6 actually, but for K7. He's looking for a Tower Heat Sink which can be used on mainboards WITHOUT mount holes. And unfortunately thermaltake's Tower 112 CPU Cooler which supports K7 requires mounting holes.

here's a pic of what mounting holes are, for those who aren't quite clear:

Mounting%20Holes.JPG

gr2000    0

speaking of cooling, me and my friend came up with an idea, which uses dried ice as CPU cooling, the only problem would be....how the heck would we be able to store dried ice..lol