Sign in to follow this  
mvds

[831-SE] Will a GTX285 fit with cross-flow installed?

mvds    0

Like the title says...

Can I install a nVidia GTX 285 card in my Stacker 831-SE case if the cross-flow fan is installed? Or do I need to remove the cross-flow fan?

BrettWms    0
Like the title says...

Can I install a nVidia GTX 285 card in my Stacker 831-SE case if the cross-flow fan is installed? Or do I need to remove the cross-flow fan?

Where's the fan installed? On the mobo tray or on the side panel fan thing? If the motherboard tray.... I don't think so. I think that card is about 10 inches long, which will put it over the end of the board. And I don't think it's quite high enough.

I do think it will fit on the 4-fan side panel bracket though. I no longer have a crossflow (as the one I ordered was kind of broke), so I cannot give you exact #'s and measurements.

So, take my information with a grain of salt. :D

cmyers    0

Well, I've got a 9800GTX, which I think is approximately the same size as a 285...and it won't fit with a Crossflow, so I think you're gonna have to remove it. :o

elite.ire    3

my 9800GX2 fits fine with the crossflow panels in the side panel thingy, i dont see how you would have issues with the 9800gtx m8 seeing as the 9800GX2 is larger ?

even my asus knight 2 cpu cooler fits with the cross flow panel installed, and its a pretty large cooler :/

cmyers    0

Sounds like you're talking about the side-panel fan bracket... I am talking about the cross-flow fan that mounts to the mobo-tray itself...