Sign in to follow this  
[nK]Sharp

Black interior for HAF

[nK]Sharp    0

Don't know a single person with this case that doesn't want that. Really sucks I got to do all this myself now :(

Icejon    0

This is an excellent idea. We are currently working on these things and will have something new and exciting to come forth.

Leech    0

I'm just done with spray painting the back and interior of my spanking new HAF. I must say it turned out really nice. Can't wait to have the CCTL installed, and seeing the end result :mrgreen::cheers:

dubzhouse    0
This is an excellent idea. We are currently working on these things and will have something new and exciting to come forth.

Is there a time frame of when the new and exciting things might happen? I am looking to get the HAF but if CM is gonna release the HAF that is all black i might just wait for that to come out to get one.

Cheese-kun    0

Is there a time frame of when the new and exciting things might happen? I am looking to get the HAF but if CM is gonna release the HAF that is all black i might just wait for that to come out to get one.

What he said. If you guys here at CM are gonna release a new HAF i might as well wait for it. :roll:

Sim    0

Looks like retail stores are lowering the price of the HAF so we could see a new version soon.

I hope the new version is painted plus has filters and less mesh area's for air unless its by a fan.

BumbleBee    0
Looks like retail stores are lowering the price of the HAF so we could see a new version soon.

I hope the new version is painted plus has filters and less mesh area's for air unless its by a fan.

Cooler Master would be crazy not to do a black edition for this case from a marketing stand point besides NZXT Panzerbox and Beta, Cooler Master Storm Scout, Corsair Case and Antec P1000 are all black so it looks like this is starting a trend.

I can guarantee you fan filters will never be in a HAF 942 or 952 the HAF stands for high air flow, fan filters impede and restrict air flow almost as much as a radiator so for example I go out and buy a low pressure silent fan $10-20 rated for 50 CFM that fan filter can restrict air flow any where from 5% to 20%. besides even with fan filters you are still going to get dust the filters them selves are not perfect and this case has massive ventilation forget fan filters what you need is a can of chemical free compressed air which pc experts have been using on a monthly basis for over 20 years.

Snazz    0

Impeding a bit of airflow is worth preventing the extra dust build up and avoiding having to regularly take the case outside and spray clean it.

Very fine dust will still get through most filters but it'll take a lot longer to become remotely noticeable than whole clumps of dust.

I got sick of my HAF 932 being quickly caked in dust so I replaced the top and side 230's with 7 filtered 120's then put black gaffer tape around them where the excess vents are.

There's a space between the bottom front of the case and the front fan where you can easily place low density foam to filter that as well.

Anyway a black HAF would be sweet, I'm personally considering the Storm Scout for my next case because it'd be a :) of a lot easier to carry.