Sign in to follow this  
Serus

V8 CPU Cooler - What cases DOES it fit in?

Overproof    0

I can tell you it will NOT fit a CM Stacker 380 SE..... with the inner door fans mounted... which is totally ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

cmyers    0
I can tell you it will NOT fit a CM Stacker 380 SE..... with the inner door fans mounted... which is totally ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

Just take out the top corner fan. Or the whole fan bracket. You really don't need that many fans.

slugbug    0

I think you mean 830 SE :)

Overproof    0

I've removed the fan..... it's the fan bracket that won't fit. So I either have to undertake some creative dremel work or nix the entire fan enclosure. Despite what you "assume" is too many fans or not.... I bought the case with the fan bracket for a reason. That reason didn't involve water cooling and it would seem logical that Cooler Master could have provided some information to clarify that one of their largest cases wouldn't fit a V8 without alteration of the case components. What really sucks backwash... is to find out midstream of a new build!!!

..and another thing since I'm on a rant... why can't these companies make a case with cable races built in???? Sheesh Already!!!

Overproof    0
I think you mean 830 SE :)

Yup... 830 SE :D

Other than the fit issue with the V8 and lack of cable races.... it's a sweet case for air cooling.