Sign in to follow this  
p0wn

V10 in Cosmos S?

p0wn    0

Hello,

I have a cosmos S case with a CoolIT eliminator in it currently. It is not doing the job after upgrading to quad core. I was wondering if the V10 would fit in the cosmos S. Also, is there any word on when the V10 will be released for sale?

slugbug    0

I'm pretty sure the huge side panel fan on the Cosmos S will interfere with the installation of the V10 cooler.

biggatomic    0
I'm pretty sure the huge side panel fan on the Cosmos S will interfere with the installation of the V10 cooler.

only way it would fit is if u use the window panel instead

MonkeyNews    0

I didn't know there was a V10, but I know the V8 wont fit in there. The mind boggles as to why CM would make a cooler that doesn't fit into their own 'flagship' case.

You have to take fan out of the door or get a windowed side panel.

What were they thinking?

BrettWms    0
I didn't know there was a V10, but I know the V8 wont fit in there. The mind boggles as to why CM would make a cooler that doesn't fit into their own 'flagship' case.

What were they thinking?

The ATCS 840 is now their 'flagship' case.. And they both fit in there. Although, with the lack of airflow over the cpu area, it does make it a little harder for the air coolers to stay cool. However, I think if you turned the very back fan and had it so it aimed downward toward the cpu, it would really help with the cooling.. Although the bad part of that is there's no filter for it.

Anyway.. You are right that it's silly to design a case that cannot accept that day's coolers. There are ways to mod it.

Icejon    0
The V10 will fit in the Cosmos S but only if you remove the side panel fan.

Yes, this V10 will fit into the Cosmos S but the fan must be removed or you can use the optional windowed side panel.

dubzhouse    0
The V10 will fit in the Cosmos S but only if you remove the side panel fan.

Yes, this V10 will fit into the Cosmos S but the fan must be removed or you can use the optional windowed side panel.

That is correct. I can vouch for that one. It would not fit with the fan on the side.

EVGAMartin    0

I was able to fit the V8 into the Cosmos S (with modding, here's a link to a youtube video I uploaded: clicky). Although I don't know how big the V10 is in comparison to the V8...

Hope that helps,

Martin

Kevin Voong    0

What were they thinking?

What happens is the Cosmos Cases where designed prior to the V8 and V10.