Sign in to follow this  
High1ander_au

ATCS 840 suggestions

A few suggestions for the ATCS 840, now that I own one...

* IMPROVE QUALITY CONTROL. MY NEW CASE CAME WITH NUMEROUS SCRATCHES AND GRUBBY MARKS.

* Make a 100% black edition, with black interior.

* Make the silver edition a silver & black, as silver drives are very rare, and black drives look out of place on an all silver chassis.

* Make the side door panels thicker! A mechanism similar to that used with the removable motherboard tray to reduce scratching when fitting / removing the doors would also be a plus.

* Include sound proofing material on the inside of doors, as seen in the original Cosmos.

* Use a better mechanism to attach the front drive covers - currently they feel flimsy when fitted, and the fit is not solid.

* Get rid of the top PSU option. The PSU bay cover also feels flimsy when fitted, and looks cheap imo.

* The case is difficult to pickup and carry due to the combination of thin side doors, and flimsy drive bay covers / PSU bay cover. Fixing those issues will improve this.

* Make the PCI exhaust duct out of aluminium, and use rubber seals where it fits onto the chassis. Include a fan for the duct with the case.

* Supply the case with "solid" PCI brackets, as well as the "grill" variety. This gives users the option of directing more airflow through their graphics card when using the PCI exhaust duct.

* Supply the case with interchangeable feet / wheels.

* Include a full compliment of high quality fans with grills with the case.

* Sleeve all case cables in black, including fan cables. Neatly link all fans onto a single cable and single connector, similar to the method used with Gigabyte's Aurora 3D, rather than having individual cables and adapters for each fan.

Do all that and I would happy pay through the roof for one (or two!) :)

EsaT    0
* Include sound proofing material on the inside of doors, as seen in the original Cosmos.
When left to user it can be done in amount deemed necessary by him.

Thicker absorpting foam eats space and heavy mass loading layer adds easily couple kilograms of weight and some people might not like that.

* The case is difficult to pickup and carry due to the combination of thin side doors, and flimsy drive bay covers / PSU bay cover. Fixing those issues will improve this.
Won't help.

With big case 95% of problem is in getting good grasp from it and only thing which helps well is some kind handle for easy and firm grip from top when other hand supports from bottom.

Like the one I added to Stacker.

knud    129

Thanks for your suggestions :)

We will have a close look to it.

But keep in mind, everything we might change, also has effect on the price.

Thanks for your suggestions :)

We will have a close look to it.

But keep in mind, everything we might change, also has effect on the price.

No problem. Personally I am not concerned about the cost of a product. If it is good enough, I will buy it :)

pax    0

Suggestions

Please, take these thoughts serious as I truly feel that the way CM is going with this case really is the chance for them to let Lian Li and such step aside in this segment!

The most important points for me are:

• [*:5gv4x19d]all black version, black interior
    [*:5gv4x19d]better quality control (too much clearance at sidepanels, screws falling off, etc)
    [*:5gv4x19d]microphone/headphone jack color corrected
    [*:5gv4x19d]thicker sidepanels
    [*:5gv4x19d]solid, perfect fit of the bay covers

Overall, the case should give its owner the feeling of having bought an amazing piece oft craftsmanship.

More solid, less clearance, top class feeling!

The minor points are:

• [*:5gv4x19d]front logo should be etched in
    [*:5gv4x19d]soft spring up of the front ports gives a much more valuable feeling
    [*:5gv4x19d]additional drive covers as accessory to disguise 5,25 drives
    [*:5gv4x19d]leave the choice to the customer which fans to use in almost the entire case as you did at the top
    [*:5gv4x19d]smaller and better placed breakthroughs on the motherboardtray (not the one for the backplate, this is sooo convenient)
    [*:5gv4x19d]solid pci brackets (grill variety as additional accessory)
    [*:5gv4x19d]better symmetrics on fanmounting at the top and the grill when using 120's

Roundup:

• [*:5gv4x19d]Bring this case and its quality into the top class where it definitely belongs!
    [*:5gv4x19d]Leave as much choices to the customer as possible (holes, pci brackets, fan mounting, dampening material, etc.)!
    [*:5gv4x19d]A case like this has to come "clean" - spare that money spended for so much fans or accessories and put it in inarguable quality and top class feeling!
    [*:5gv4x19d]Follow the simple and stylish line and don't leave this path (e.g. front logo is too big and shiny)!

After that, some points I have to disagree with High1ander_au:

• [*:5gv4x19d]Include sound dampening material from the beginning.
    No, leave it like it is - just make the sidepanels thicker. Let the customer decide which dampening materials to use.
    [*:5gv4x19d]Case is difficult to pick up.
    Of course it is! That's the top class big big big tower segment. It's part of the feeling, having a fortress standing beside my desk that even looks good beside my hifi equipment. If I would attend to lan parties, I wouldn't buy such big cases anyway. If I would want to move my "biggy" often, I would buy an additional mobile base, placing it on. Please... no handles or something like that...
    [*:5gv4x19d]PCI exhaust duct out of aluminium.
    Not necessary. Absolutely. Concentrate on the case first. If at all, let the customer decide to buy this as an accessory.
    [*:5gv4x19d]Interchangeable feet.
    Nice, but not necessary. The feet are fine the way they are. They look cool. If any changes should happen to them, give them absolutely perfect dampening qualities.
    [*:5gv4x19d]Include a full compliment of high quality fans with grills.
    Absolutely NOT! It's the choice of the customer to decice which fans to use! Gamers doesn't care too much for the noise level, and silent freaks will build up the interior following their own plans and concepts. This would only raise the price - there are more important reasons for a price lift (e.g. thicker sidepanels).
    [*:5gv4x19d]Sleeve all case cables in black.
    Absolutely not necessary. True modders do the sleeving for fun in the color they prefer. People who don't care much for a clean look inside the case would have to pay the price lift... no sense here.

I really hope you're reading this and come up with a revision of this lovely case! And yes, I am willing to pay up to 250,-/270,- Euros for this case revision instead of 220,- as it is offered here in Germany right now. Quality has its price and I can see no reason why CM shouldn't ask for a similar price like the prices Lian Li asks for in this segment.

Comparable quality - similar prices.

Regards

PS: Please! Make me sell my windy V2010 for this baby! So close to a perfect case for my needs!!!