Sign in to follow this  
High1ander_au

Quality Control issues with ATCS 840 cases

I order a black ATCS 840 down in Australia from an online store.

The case was delivered in an unmarked (no dents, scratches or scuffs) and sealed (Coolermaster) box - however when I removed the chassis, I was shocked to discover the vast number of scratches in it! While most of these were not so obvious, there were a couple on the top, were the silver was showing through the black finishing in an alarmingly obvious way. Not to mention there were grimy finger prints all over the case - espcially obvious at the rear. I haven't seen that many finger prints on a case ever - least of all a brand new case! I did not realise I would be required to clean the case before use.

This case was not cheap, and as such I had expected to receive value for money. I am sorely disappointed :( How on earth does a case in this condition pass quality control!? And how many other scratched / dirty ATCS 840 cases are in circulation waiting to be purchased???

Griffin    0

Sounds to me like the fault lies with the retailer.

I bought mine from http://www.frozencpu.com and it came in the Coolermaster box, the case was well packed, wraped in plastic, and in great condition when I got it out.

Where exactly did you order it from?

Sorry, by "unmarked" I meant the box itself was not damaged, scratched or scuffed. My case also came in a coolermaster box, and was also well packed and wrapped in plastic... so I was suggesting the scratches and fingerprinting occurred before the case was packed.

knud    129

Sorry to hear this man.

I will look into this ASAP.

But my feeling says, this is just 1 case that has this issue. (You have to know, that alloy "scratches" easily, but it is also easily cleaned, just use a cotton cloth or something like that)