Sign in to follow this  
dubzhouse

Cosmos S suggestion

dubzhouse    0

If you guys were to put the hard drive assembly from the Cosmos 1000 into the Cosmos S and fans that blow from the front of the assembly to the rear would be great. I like the look of the S and how good it cools but i do not like how the hard drives are set up. I think it would so much better with the hard assembly from the 1000. Keep everything else the same on the S and i would say you have a winner. At least i would buy it in a heartbeat.

Although I agree with you on the Cosmos S hard drives being difficult to get too. The original Cosmos's hard drive layout was also one of its major flaws. The drawers didn't give very good airflow to keep the hard drives cool. Because of this a lot of people had to add additional fans just to prevent their drives from bring damaged. That is why they switched to the design of the Cosmos-S. I personally would like to see them use the same drive layout as the 840 on a future Cosmos model.

roofus    0

I love my Cosmos S but the 3.5 drive mounting is kind of a pain. With the overall refined feel to it, the stubborn and inconvenient 3.5 drive mounting feels like this piece of it was a bit rushed. I ran out of drive room so I bought the closest thing I could find to the existing drive cage for appearance sake but I would probably buy it all over again if it were released with a better 3.5 drive situation. Still love it! :P

dubzhouse    0

I think if they took the hard drives cages from the 1000 and arranged them in the Cosmos S going up and down like the HAF would be nice. Keep the actual cages and have the look of the HAF and then on the side of the hard drives cages have holes drilled so the front fan could actually blow air into the cages and cool the drives. Like i said before i love the look of the Cosmos 1000 on the inside with the cages but i love the look of the Cosmos S on the outside. If you combine what people like about both cases and put it all into one well thought out case i think you would have a very nice case and quite a few people would but it just because of the look and how much room they have on the inside.

roofus    0

I think a removable motherboard tray would be sweet. I know it would add to the cost but I would bet alot of people would prefer it over the current if given the choice.

Perhaps improved latching system for the side panels. The back side panel seems to take brute force to get it to pop in and I really dont like slamming it around like that (inflects the guilt of beating your child). Strangely, the side panel (yes with the big fan on it) latches very easy which I guess is more important.