Sign in to follow this  
Griffin

ATCS 840 Side window panel

BrettWms    0
No, it will not have a fan.

We want to keep the clean look :)

Bleh.. :x The only bad thing about this case is the lack of air flow in regards to CPU cooling. There's just not enough air reaching it.... =\

Time to mod it myself I guess. /sigh

knud    129

Lack of airflow for the CPU Cooling?

Didn't you notice the 2x 200mm fans on top of the case? :P

About the side panel, it's a matter of taste I guess.

I have to admit, an additional purchase of a side panel WITH addition fan/cooling options would be GREATLY suggested by me and NUMEROUS other users (I can point you in the direction of a couple reviews that mention the lack of them playing a huge role in higher temperatures compared to the HAF 932).

One such review can be found here in a recent review of your upcoming Sniper case, from the pictures you can see the HAF 932 totally outperforming the ATCS 840 in all benchmarks simply due to its side mounted fan: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/ ... r-review/4

Also another quote from a review reads:

We think the difference in performance between our top performers and the ATCS 840 has likely been caused by the sheer size of the case. All our other top performing cases, the HAF 932 especially, tightly surround the CPU and GPU with exhaust or intake fans, drawing heat directly off of, or blowing cool air directly onto the CPU cooler and our test set up’s passive GPU heatsink.

The problem is that the ATCS 840 has become a victim of its size; the primary 230mm cooling fans are placed comparatively far away from the core hardware and so have limited effect in directing airflow off of or on to the sources of heat.

Could member of CM please reply on the POSSIBILITY of a side fan panel - this will be the decider in me purchasing the HAF 932 or the ATCS 840 tomorrow.

GiroCool    0

I registered just to post that I think a full window without a side fan is exactly what I'm looking for... That is how I found this post actually, Googling for a "ATCS 840 window side panel". I am very excited to see that you are working on one. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing what the side panel looks like!

Edit: An aluminum PCI exhaust box would be a classy addition that I would pay for as well.

BrettWms    0
Lack of airflow for the CPU Cooling?

Didn't you notice the 2x 200mm fans on top of the case? :P

About the side panel, it's a matter of taste I guess.

Yes, I noticed the 2 fans up on top. However, there's still too much dead air in the case by the CPU. Don't blame me for pointing it out. Just call it like I see it. The only way I've seen on resolving this is aiming one of the 200mm fans down to toward the CPU, but there's no filter on it.

Well, I just went back to the CM 830, so no biggy. It may be old, but it does what I need it to do, although it is a little cramped in there now. :)

Twinsen_lba    0

I second the voices calling for a replacement panel fitted with a side fan and filter (with great emphasis on the 'and filter'). The 840 is a cracking case, and although it looks great with a window panel, would be close to perfect with a side fan and filter, as bit-tech have suggested.

Twinsen.