Sign in to follow this  
XenoMorpH

CM850-ESBA 12V drop

XenoMorpH    2

Hi, I have a CM850W ESBA PSU. In Windows, the 12V rial shows it's 10V?

Other hardware I have:

ATi Radeon 4870X2

3xHDD's

2xDVD-Writers

Can't imagine this would drop the 12V rail?...

Is there sumfn wrong with my PSU?

**EDIT**

Some additional info:

On my old Asus M3a32-MVP Deluxe mobo the 12V line was stable in OCCT stress test, But now with my new Asus M3A79-T the 12 line dropped to 10V.

Maybe Mobo problem?

Zenphic    0

Motherboards rarely report voltage in Windows properly depending on your motherboard.

I suggest you check via the BIOS or use a multimeter instead :)

Notice that if the power supply was only giving 10V, your PC wouldn't be running!

Motherboards rarely report voltage in Windows properly depending on your motherboard.

I suggest you check via the BIOS or use a multimeter instead :)

Notice that if the power supply was only giving 10V, your PC wouldn't be running!

While I agree with your solution, that could be just one rail, the power supply has six, if the computer is using the other 5 to run, for example, that one rail wouldn't affect it.

Hi, I have a CM850W ESBA PSU. In Windows, the 12V rial shows it's 10V?

Other hardware I have:

ATi Radeon 4870X2

3xHDD's

2xDVD-Writers

Can't imagine this would drop the 12V rail?...

Is there sumfn wrong with my PSU?

**EDIT**

Some additional info:

On my old Asus M3a32-MVP Deluxe mobo the 12V line was stable in OCCT stress test, But now with my new Asus M3A79-T the 12 line dropped to 10V.

Maybe Mobo problem?

Do you have a multimeter/voltmeter? The best way to test any power supply is to completely ignore the motherboard and any software on the operating system as almost ALL of them severely under report voltage. :)

EsaT    0
While I agree with your solution, that could be just one rail, the power supply has six, if the computer is using the other 5 to run, for example, that one rail wouldn't affect it.
Except that so called rails are nothing more than added current limiters/circuit breakers all connected to one and same voltage source

Neither can motherboard measure (or try to) voltage from wires other than ones through which it gets its power.