Sign in to follow this  
Cobra19

Need Urgent help with PSU connector...

Cobra19    0

First of all i know this does not involve a cm product but i have the ultra 500 watt modular psu and i have the ASUS P5GD2 motherboard, my prob is the main connector does not fit, the psu connector is a 20 pin connector and the board uses a 24 pin connector..Is there any converters from a 20 pin to a 24 pin connector ...or plz advise on a compatible psu...

Booradley    0

It will fit, you'll just end up with 4 extra pins at one end. :)

I thought the same thing when I first plugged a PSU into a new 775 board.

Cobra19    0

Are there any disadvantages of it being that way..? What about the clip that secures the cable to the board..? Ok..Overall would this affect the system in any way..?

yeah, it should definately fit. because the pins have a safety design on them you can still plug it in, and only plug it in one way. You just end up with 4 extra pins.

Cobra19    0

ok thanks alot...so your saying that the cable would only fit in one way cause of the keyed pin sockets on the cable..Anyway thanks again, i was wondering if i spent $129 and then i have to go spend some more....

RoyChentw    0
:shock: As I know, the ultra 500 watt was comply with Intel form factor Ver.1.2. However you have to choose PSU with Intel form factor Ver:2.0 or above. I suggest you to replace a new PSU with your system.

Cobra19    0

Thanx for the info guys but like maylander739 said ur just gonna have 4 extra pins and i did that and its working fine but if there's any disadvantages plz let me know..

magree    0

Umm..yes it may still work but I would definately get a 20-24 pin adaptor if I were you. The extra 4 pins included are +/-3V and +/-12V power and are there to provide the extra power required by newer PCI-E intel and AMD motherboards..it's part of the new ATX 2.01 standard. The adaptors are cheap enough and Ultra will even sell you one of their fancy UV reactive X-connect versions if asthetics are an issue..check their website under "cables".