Sign in to follow this  
Icejon

Choose your I/O Wisely

Which I/O would you keep based on what you use. Pick one!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which I/O would you keep based on what you use. Pick one!

• E-Sata for external HDDs!
    • IEEE1394 for digital cameras, consumer electronics and other devices!
    • I choose niether, give me 2 more USB Ports!
    • I never use front panel connections!

slugbug    0

I want it all :)

- eSATA

- USB

- Firewire

- mic and audio

- 3.5" front drive bay integrated card reader

Kevin Voong    0

I most likely just use 1394 once in a while and since the motherboards have it now, i just rather have extra USB connectors.

cmyers    0
Why can't we have all of them? =(

Stacker 830 front panel + Esata = Win

...and as for card readers...Do you really want something like that built into the front panel? I'd much rather have a bay device... :roll:

This survey is for new cases. End users don't really know the extra costs involved in adding what seems to be a "free" connector that comes with the case. In an either or situation we would like to know what is the most important. We want to find out the perfect combination of front I/O that adds value and is useful to most people. So this is an either/or question, not "I want it all!" We all want many things.

Seriously? How much could it possibly cost to add an extra connector? $5, maybe $10 bucks when its all said and done? Heck, These cases are already retailing for over $300...what's a few extra bucks matter? Unless you're going to be doing something innovative like putting all the connectors on the front panel, why even ask? Usb, Firewire, and Audio is pretty much the norm anymore. Why break away from that? Personally, I won't be buying another case unless it has certain added features I want that I don't already have...Esata is one of them.

/endrant

biggatomic    0
big_exterior_3.jpg something like this would be sweet. i only say less usb's because i really dont kno or a motherboard that has more than 4 maybe 6 usb headers at most. and all the new technology (esa) uses up all of your other avalible headers

RaptorFury    0

the 1394 port is OUTDATED, ever since they came out with the usb 2.0 standard. as far as foront IO ports, i dont hook mine up mainly becasue i dont like having crds and crap on the front of my case. if you were to use a sd card interfacing port i would then hook it up and use it.

EsaT    0
the 1394 port is OUTDATED, ever since they came out with the usb 2.0 standard.
How about getting facts straight:

Every single DV/HDV camcorder uses it!

And in practise USB2 can't match FireWire's speed because of bus structure designed for low bandwidth peripherals

i only say less usb's because i really dont kno or a motherboard that has more than 4 maybe 6 usb headers at most. and all the new technology (esa) uses up all of your other avalible headers
Yep, two USB headers for four USB ports seems to be standard now that they're getting rid of some old ports in motherboard's rear and putting more USBs there.

Icejon    0

Thanks for the feedback. Check out the new scout and sniper. For the Scout and Sniper we have included a full compliment of 4 USB ports and more I/O. This will be the trend for Storm line cases from now on.