Sign in to follow this  
aleicgrant

CM 690 Fan failed

paulm2008    0

aleicgrant, Hi

Well given the fact you have had the fan a whole week and it's failed - if you were happy with the level of noise it was producing I could contact CoolerMaster and have them send you a new fan. I have found Noctua Fans to be very quiet [it's all a matter of opinion really, since there are so many good fans out there], but they are quite expensive. I my self go for air flow as a priority rather than noise levels - I have 4 scythe Kaze fans in my side panel - basically they are noisy as :) but the generate a typoon :shock:

Regards, Paul

CM tech/customer support is so slowwwwwwwwww.....You might as well just buy another 120mm fan for your CM 690 case. The stock fans don't move much air to begin with. I'm not using any of the stock fans with my CM 690. Buy some 120mm x 25mm Yate Loon Medium speed fans from Petrastechshop.com $5.95 each or 4 at $19.96. Other online retailers sell the Yate Loon fans but the ones from Petras perform better according to a thread at Extreme Systems Forum.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/120x25mmfans.html

Other online retailers sell the Yate Loon fans but the ones from Petras perform better according to a thread at Extreme Systems Forum.

The Extreme Systems.org forums is down for maintainance so check the link below at a later time.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/sho ... ostcount=6