Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

UCP Series Official Thread

UCP

The UCP (Ultimate Circuit Protection) series is a new generation of power supplies from Cooler Master designed with quality circuits which specialize in efficiency. With first class soft-start circuits, the life of the primary circuit components are extended. The continuous active clamp forward switching technology and the D/D VRMs circuit design achieves over 88% efficiency which makes this of the best PSUs in the 80 Plus Silver category. The unique appearance of the UCP is made of a special coating that screams high quality and ruggedness and this is the type of things for high end PCs, especially for Quad SLI setup. Cooler Master also provides an extra-long 5-year warranty with the customer in mind.

700w212vl8.jpg

700w312ii3.jpg

ucp12cs0.jpg

1100iq5.jpg

700cy8.jpg

900ra6.jpg

Questions, comments, constructive feed back always welcome.

GR8One84    0

The actual noise increase is minimal. This PSU is built with gamers in mind. Therer will be slim to no increase while the PSU is under full load.

VALKYRIE    11

The ARMY militar look of this PSU is Awesome :D , and the Dark Matt antiscratch paintwork is Excellent :cheers: , the full black sleeved wires all the way inside the PSU case give a professional look :cheers:

Already everywhere in many many PSU reviews the best performance PSU are made with a single solid 12V rail , unbeliveable Coolermaster UCP series are all made with four or even six 12V rails , this is very sad :cry:

Another suggestion : The grill of the intake fan have bigger holes , the exhaust grill have smaller holes , the smaller holes increase the resistance to airflow , therefore I suggest to increase the size of the holes of the exhaust grill

CM Ray    20

Tom's Hardware must really like the UCP. Back at Computex, the UCP got the "most innovative award" and now its on the Tom's Holiday Buyer's Guide 2008.

"We’ve been using Cooler Master’s UCP 1100 W in the lab for a couple of months now and have had great luck with it driving some of the most demanding configurations we’ve put together, regardless of how many CPUs, GPUs, or hard drives they’ve had."

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cor ... 087-7.html

post-30800-13880422238473_thumb.jpg

post-30800-13880422238781_thumb.jpg

robboz    0

I bought this PSU today and it makes a loud buzzing noise,like a bad circuit noise,is this normal or is the unit faulty ??

boredgunner    0
I bought this PSU today and it makes a loud buzzing noise,like a bad circuit noise,is this normal or is the unit faulty ??

Obviously abnormal.

zinc_au    0

Hi all forumers...

Thought id throw this in here...

Recently bought a ucp900 and am still waiting for my xfx gtx 285 black.. i understand this requires 2 x pcie6 pins..

Ive read rails 1 & 2 are for motherboard and cpu...

I want to provide this card as much amperage as it needs, and noticed 12v rails 3 & 4 are rated at 22a each... What is the ideal setup to provide sufficient power to this card (which various sources say requires 40 - 46 amperage on 12v rails, i assume this is to cater for everything) ... which numbered connecters should i use to share the load over both rail 3 & 4. If i buy another video card for sli down the track, is the psu going to be sufficient..?

System for reference

---

gigabyte x58-ud4p / i7 920

1x ssd 60g ocz vertex

1x wd 500g sataII

3x2 gig 1600mhz corsair ram.

dvdr combo

Regards

George