Sign in to follow this  
Schecten

Aquagate Max + Socket 1366

Schecten    0

I was just wondering if Cooler Master was planning to release a bracket for the new 1366 chips when they come out for liquid cooling? I have an Aquagate Max but am planning to wait for the 1366 chips to come out until I build everything, just because they are around the corner. I can always go with a 3rd party bracket if need be, but I am fond of the general product reliability and quality of Cooler Master products. Plus, I figure it's always better to go with parts from the people who make the cooler. (Though I will have to go with someone else for the blocks on my HD 4870x2s).

Anyways, thanks for any info on socket 1366 blocks! :)

the new version will be available next year. however, those who already purchased the current Aquagate Max, we will have an upgrade bracket.

Schecten    0

Bumping this because I was just wondering if the upgrade bracket was available yet for the Aquagate Max, or a possible ETA now that the i7 chips are out? I have my parts ordered and on the way, can't wait to get my rig up and running. This will be just one of the many bottlenecks to come I'm sure, lol. Anyways, thanks for all the info :)

SElefant    0
Has it been released?

Can i use LGA1366 Socket Retention Bracket Set (RR-ACC-1366-GP) with it??

Not really

the bracket set is designed for back-screwing, while the waterblock of AQGMax is frontally screwed.

jm600rr    0

I am currently using Aquagate MAx on my x48 and will be upgrading to X58 in the next week or two. Will I have to air cool till the bracket is out or can I use one of the following.

Apogee GTZ Socket 1366 Hold Down Kit

Or buy another waterblock and bracket from another brand?

Swiftech Apogee GTZ Extreme Duty Waterblock

Tony2438    0
the new version will be available next year. however, those who already purchased the current Aquagate Max, we will have an upgrade bracket.

Could you please tell if the bracket has been released yet and if not when there be a release date thank hope to hear soon.

Tony

I am afraid the Aquagates have been discontinued, support is still active for the products via their warranty periods. The best option to get it to work with i7 is to purchase a separate waterblock from places like dangerden that come with the brackets for i7, as long as it matches the aquagate's tubing size of inner 3/8 and outer 1/2, it will work with no problem. The aquagate max can handle the i7's heat.

jbjtkbw00    0

Oh wow. I was thinking that was gonna happen, but you've just confirmed it.

Are you guys getting out of the liquid cooling arena?