Sign in to follow this  
TotallyWired

Please convince me to get a coolermaster real power 450w

Hey all... I know it's my decision but I was hoping that the experts would be able to sway me to one of the following power supplies.

They are not all equal (watts etc) but they seem to be the ones most peep recommend.

1 CM Real Power 450w

2. Seasonic Super Silencer 400 (SS-400AGX Active PFC) (460w avail. soon/fall)

http://www.seasonicusa.com/index.php

3. OCZ PowerStream 470w... but would prefer the 520w

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/p ... wer_supply

4. 500W Ultra X-Connect Modular Power Supply.. haven't seen enough reviews yet.

http://www.xoxide.com/x-connect-500-uvblue.html

Tx for all/any help.

The CM 450 is real power at 450 but tested to function at 470. Plus the HCI that monitors your power consumption and increase the fan speed automatically depending on the heat it producing. The 120mm fan is by far the most quiet i've ever heard. The CM 450 is the only PSU with MTBF of 400,000 hours. IF you doubt me on this, i have the documentation to provide to you. With the efficiency of 75% and active power, you will save approx 50% more than a regular power supply in electric bills.

Let us know what's your decision. :D

Hybrid-Mods    0

I would love to recommend you the seasonic psu, since i own one. Mine is the super tornado, but this is the CM forum, And you can't beat CM and the testing and extra feature.

ShaShou    0

GET THE CM RP450. There, that's what you wanted to hear, isn't it? I have one, and it's great. I have an AMD 64 3400+, and 6800GT, as well as the usual fans hard drives etc. The power meter rarely goes much above 240 watts, meaning there is power to spare. It is powerful, quiet, stable, runs and looks cool. What else is there? Anandtech did a comparison of several psu's, and while the RP450 didn't win, there wasn't any appreciable difference between the top units. Unless you have some wild and exotic rig, you will not be disappointed.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

OCZ do the best psu's on the market but the CM one really does look like a special thing which looks to be very useful for a rig which looks nice and has power needs

Tx for all the replies so far....

excuse my ignorance but does the RP 450 have any of the 6-pin PCI-E connectors, I didn't see any in the pictures/descriptions...

I'm looking at getting one of the nforce4 SLI mb's (when more are available) and they can take (2) pci-e vid. cards (so would need (2) connectors).. are there converter plugs for this? or do i need to do the mod myself.

Is the RP 450 BTX "ready".

bt0316    0

I tested the CM 450watt with bigbadbns and it's a nice unit to look at and the thing is silent. The coolest part is that it tells you how much power you are consuming, which helps you understand the limit of the PSU thus provide you the ability to prevent overusage of power and the potential shortage of your hardwares. I am not favoring it because I work for CM. It's because of it's 75%efficiency over the standard 60-70% and the quietness of the unit. Anyways, go with what you need and want. If you are happy then that's all it matters.