Sign in to follow this  
pathy

HAF or Cosmos?

pathy    0

Hey there,

So I'm considering a Coolermaster case, because frankly, they look excellent in every regard. The only other case I've enjoyed the look of is the Zalman LQ1000, but the price of that makes it pretty unreasonable.

I'm planning to watercool, using a Swiftech Dual-Rad/Res, hooking it up to the top of the case where 2x120mm fans can fit, and have it settle there. So this means the fans can run at a low RPM, keeping noise down.

So my choice comes down to a Cosmos, or a HAF. If I were to go with the Cosmos I would most definitely get the windowed side panel with it. My dilemma comes from the HAF, really. It's my prefered case in looks, but I'm unsure of how much noise it's going to put out. I know the Cosmos is going to be pretty much silent, due to the dampening and seals on the sides, but can anyone comment on the HAF? As I said before, due to the watercooling most of the time the fans can run at a low RPM.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Pathy and welcome to the forum.

You can't go wrong with either case. Since your major concern has to do with noise, the Cosmos of course will be quieter than the HAF. However, the HAF came with larger fan size spinning at lower speed, it is pretty quiet to me. We've ran a Cosmos and HAF with similar build and the HAF held up well in noise. The benefit i have to say the HAF has over the Cosmos is cooling performance. If you're looking for quiet plus performance, i'd recommend the HAF over the Cosmos.

One the other hand, the Cosmos is a thing of beauty. I hope this help you. In the end, you can't go wrong with both cases.

pathy    0

Aye.

Both cases look fantastic, but it's good to hear the HAF isn't too far behind the Cosmos in terms of noise production.

I do love the stylings of both cases, but I'm just worried that the Cosmos might end up being a bit.. bland, I suppose. It's a very sleek and good looking case, without a doubt, but the HAF seems much more eye catching to me.

But then the lure of having an almost completely silent PC is a big one.

Just one more question, and thanks for the prompt reply - I've seen that the Cosmos has paddings to stop HDD vibrations, is there anything like this in the HAF?

Thanks again.

RaptorFury    0

if you are looking for all out looks the cosmos is the best choice. if you like a lot of fans and a rough & ready look the haf would fit this bill,

Aye.

Both cases look fantastic, but it's good to hear the HAF isn't too far behind the Cosmos in terms of noise production.

I do love the stylings of both cases, but I'm just worried that the Cosmos might end up being a bit.. bland, I suppose. It's a very sleek and good looking case, without a doubt, but the HAF seems much more eye catching to me.

But then the lure of having an almost completely silent PC is a big one.

Just one more question, and thanks for the prompt reply - I've seen that the Cosmos has paddings to stop HDD vibrations, is there anything like this in the HAF?

Thanks again.

Yes it does. Its similar to what the CM 690 has. The hard drives have their own slot with noise dampening to prevent noise or vibration. Something else the HAF has "better" is the cable management and the CPU hole, so if you choose to install a heatsink then later on decide to change it, you won't have to remove the motherboard to do so. The Cable management is really good on this case, it has enough room on the right side for thick cables, without bending that panel.

jbjtkbw00    0
i got both cases and i love the cooling of the haf but the cosmos s looks better....

I gotta second this one. I got the HAF after I finished my build using a Cosmos 1010. Even though is a bit more plain, I love the sleek look of it. The Cosmos S is plain hot. The HAF can be jazzed up nicely though, so it's really going to be a personal preference. The Cosmos seems to me, to be the bigger case in dimensions. Internally, it's pretty close.