Sign in to follow this  
rustang

Cooldrive 4 design problem!!!

rustang    0

I purchased 2 cooldrive 4 units from a reseller of yours. Both units have a problem with the power supply in my computer. The machine runs fine until I put in or connect a cooldrive 4. The only connection I have is the power and disconnected all other connections to the circuit board. I removed the 12v (yellow) wire from the connector and it allowed the system to power up and not trip the overcurrent protection in our power supply. Unfortunatley when I do that the led does not get lit with the blue light and we cannot run the fans since they need the 12v for that.

It appears the power supply does not like that you combined the grounds for the 12v and 5v. The power supply I have is an Enermax Noisetaker 470W smart power supply.

Please advise, is there a way we can still get this device to work with our power supply?

Thanks,

Rustang

I have the same problem. I have Enermax Noisetaker 420W. I only connected power cable to CD4 and motherboard, not to the others. Then my computer didn't start. But when I disconnect power cable from CD4 my compuer work commonly. How can I solve this?

Mr. Miyagi    2

I've heard that there are compatibility issues between the two. I'm not sure if they found a solution yet. Bryant or Benson can help you more on this.

This issue has been out for a while now. Enermax PSU aren't compatible with our CD4 and Aerogate II. HQ fixed this a while back with the release of the Aerogate II+ and CD4+. I do not know when they will arrive here.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

i've got an enermax coolergiant and i have an aerogate 2 (normal) and its working fine.