Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

V8 Official Thread

wpeltola    0

I'm putting together and new system and I'm going to use the V8 cooler for this setup :) Looking forward to it!

-- Bill

Conners    0

Hi I have had the V8 in a HAF 922 for about 6 months now but have replaced the fan to a NB-Black Silence fan, 75CFM @ 2000 RPM. I love the V8 cooling potential. I have a Q9550 on an EP45-UD3P rev 1.1 and i can run 4.25 GHz in the low to mid 70's.

What I am wondering is what is the proper way to torque the nuts on the V8? When I think I have them snug enough one or more sides of the bracket may not touch the motherboard. So I tighten them down till the all touch and tight but I think to myself this may be to tight.. Is either of the aformentioned correct?

McKie    0

My fan after a Year seems to be making a slight whining sound. although it still works good. I want to change the fan with something else. any suggestions for another fan . I'm assuming a standard 120x120x25mm fan will work. and I take it I can just do this without removing the cooler? any help on a fan suggestion would be appreciated .

I unboxed my V8 and found that the fan controller wasn't with the expansion slot plate it came with, both were seperate and the nob is impossible to get off without breaking it.

Was it suppose to come assembled or is there some way to assemble the two together? a certain way of twisting or something?

Please help :cry:

Jace    0

I am having the same problem as Beachedwhale in that I cannot remove the control knob whatsoever..I have tried pulling with enough force that I'm afraid it'll break if I tried harder. They didn't start supergluing these things on or something did they?

Mastiff    0

Hi, this is a great product but has some issues with staying tightened on the board.

I have gone through 2 P6T motherboards, because of the LG1366 nuts on the brackets vibrating loose and causing damage to the CPU socket pins.

in essence bending pins at some pressure points, caused by the loosening of the nuts from vibrating loose.

The manual for the installation does not have anything to mount on the back of the board to prevent the low frequency vibration loosening the nuts.

I'm not asking for a replacement but want to notify you of this problem I have encountered 2 times now.