Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

V8 Official Thread

boredgunner    0

I know the Thermalright Ultra-120 EXTREME does not fit in a COOLER MASTER COSMOS S with the side fan, but there is a mod you can do. It was over in the chassis forum I believe. I believe the COOLER MASTER V8 is a bit smaller, but I'm not so sure about this.

Has anybody put one of these in a mid tower case? I have one (Antec 300) and I'd like to get the COOLER MASTER V8. I'm fairly certain it won't fit without modding, which I am willing to do.

DaaDaa    0

I need to change the fan of my V8 with another one while it is mounted. but there is absolutely no mention of swapping the fan anywhere in CM's Site!154fs232528.gif

I Removed 4 Screws on top of my V8 but it just wont come off!J.gif

How can I Remove the Plstic cover and the fan?170fs738031.gif

////////

BTW Great Product ... I Got the very first one in Iran!nana2.gif

DaaDaa    0

LOL .... Once the 4 screws are out there are 2 more at the bottom which attach the Fan to the Heatsink I Discovered them shortly after my first post 145fs78038.gif

dawestsides    0

I received my V8 today from Amazon,it came with Thermal Fusion 400.

Anyone tried it?is it better than the regular thermal compound that is in the box?

Thanks

EVGAMartin    0
I just wanna know, can the coolermaster v8 fit inside my Cosmos S case. I hear on some forums that you'll need to remove your fan, or buy the transparent Acrylic side panel by cooler master. Can I get some people who know 100% for sure to respond
+1 on this issue. I have a Cosmos S and want to continue using the fan on the side door becuase of the excellent ventilation is provides for an SLI setup.

Will the V8 create clearance issues?

@Jen and Kaotic:

I have both the Cosmos S and the V8. Without modification, the V8 will not allow the side door to close. However, with a little effort, I was able to make them work together. Here's a video I uploaded to show how I was able to do it: link.

Hope that helps,

Martin

doufu    0

Questions:

Asus M4A78-E

Will ram with tall heatspreaders (eg. kingston hyperX T, corsair dominators) fit with the V8 installed on this motherboard? Is there enough clearance so that the ram isn't touching the cooler?

Answered my Own Questions:

Tall spreaders will fit, ultra tall will not. Crucial Red Tracers best bling for the buck. :) :) :)

Another Question:

How tight should the screws be tightened to the backplate without breaking the board? Finger tight?

nielyee    0

I have a Elite 331 casing and I'm planning to get a V8. Bit i'm slightly worried about the clearance.

Would the HSF fit with the casing door closed?

Thanks

roman59    0

Wonder if you can help please.

I will be fitting a V8 into my I7 setup tomorrow but I have one question.

My motherboard will be controlling the fan speed on the V8 via the pvm motherboard connection in the bios, but what do I do with the fan speed controller attached to the V8?

Do I simply disconnect the 2 wires from the rotary controller/pot which is attached to the pci bracket.

Many thanks

The Fan controllers sets the max at what the PWM function can go, in other words you set the bar on how up the automatic system can go. Simply set the speed you want it to run and you will be fine.