Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

V8 Official Thread

freeuse    0

In the UK, does the V8 Come with an AMD Socket 939 Bracket? If it does not, is there any way i could get a 939 bracket, preferably for free?

If not, is there a good alternative cooler that supports 939 out of the box?

cheers! :D

p.s. this cooler looks SOOO cool! well done CM!

In the UK, does the V8 Come with an AMD Socket 939 Bracket? If it does not, is there any way i could get a 939 bracket, preferably for free?

If not, is there a good alternative cooler that supports 939 out of the box?

cheers! :D

p.s. this cooler looks SOOO cool! well done CM!

The Am2 bracket is backward compatible with 939, just use the middle hole.

maarrrrr    0

Is the stock TIM good enough or could I get significantly better temps with TIMs like Silver 5 or STG1?

SgtBaxter    0
Please let us know any other problems or concerns you testers had with the cooler, we are looking for some really good constructive criticism so we can improve our products

Here's one (posted this in support too).

This weekend I removed the V8 to clean it out as my rig had sucked up lots of dust. When I went to reinstall the cooler, one of the mounting screws snapped off. Now it's useless, unless I can somehow get more screws (and a nut).

I used a real 9mm wrench instead of the one supplied, but I didn't tighten the nut terribly tight, or at least it didn't seem so.

MeeksMan13    0

I know that it says the base is copper, but does it have aluminum plating on it?

I want to use the Liquid Pro TIM on it, but it eats through aluminum and low grade metals. Is it safe to use it on the V8?

Icejon    0
I know that it says the base is copper, but does it have aluminum plating on it?

I want to use the Liquid Pro TIM on it, but it eats through aluminum and low grade metals. Is it safe to use it on the V8?

The V8 has a copper base with a high quality nickel plating.

MeeksMan13    0

The V8 has a copper base with a high quality nickel plating.

Awesome. Thanks, Ice