Sign in to follow this  
Icejon

What is the CPU cooler of your dreams?

What kind of new cooler do you dream about?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of new cooler do you dream about?

• A beautiful, quiet, design oriented cooler with good cooling performance that looks great to show off
    • A innovative new design including new manufacturing and modern technology in one package.
    • A low profile, near silent heatsink focusing on compatibility with small form factor systems
    • A full performance oriented, ultimate CPU cooler, destroying competition for extreme overclockers willing to invest in the best
    • Something crazy with 135mm or 140mm fans and >10 heat pipes
    • Something simple to replace your retail cpu cooler fan

Icejon    0
i want something that looks cool, and is innovative while giveing pretty good preformance, like the collermaster sphere, and asus knight 2

I am liking this idea. Want to develop it more?

Well here's what I don't want: A cooler so massive and heavy that it risks snapping my motherboard in two :roll:

What are the comparisons between our heatpipe fabrication and quality compared to other competitors?

Icejon, You guys are doing a good job on the mirror like finishes on the CPU coolers, If you could do any better, I'm sure everyone in the enthusiast market would love you longtime. Everyone at XS wants a high grade mirror finish on their coolers and As you possibly know, If you get them, you get a large share of the market :P

So If I can see in the reflection of the CPU coolers base a quarter (in details) so to say, that is a awesome finish.

So full copper V10, with a aluminum jacket (To help get rid of heat), with a super mirror finish on the copper base, I'll say that would beat alot of coolers on the market, even a water cooled system.

elite.ire    3

not really sure how much i could devolope my idea, i mean it would mostly be a design job, but id like to see something curvacious maybe,i just dont really like boxy coolers, maybe something like a helix shape to make up the heatpipes and add fins ?, or coils and add fins might look cool ?, or make a sphere v2 with the heatpipes making up the skelenton of a sphere ?, or having the heatpipes spiraling to make a sphere with fins fillin in the gaps.... :|

VALKYRIE    11

I think " Something crazy with 135mm or 140mm fans " is not so crazy because already Thermalright and Scythe have done CPU coolers with 140mm fans ,and even Scythe have done two coolers with 140mm fan

EsaT    0
not really sure how much i could devolope my idea, i mean it would mostly be a design job, but id like to see something curvacious maybe,i just dont really like boxy coolers, maybe something like a helix shape to make up the heatpipes and add fins ?
Boxy heatsink utilizes airflow of fan best, especially when looking total size/weight with same fan all best performing heatsinks are boxy.

Bigger than 120mm fan doesn't fit well to tower heatsink because of size limitation caused by left side panel. Again top down cooler doesn't fit well to airflow inside case unlike tower which can blow heat directly toward exhaust fan.