Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

ATCS 840 Official Thread

RaptorFury    0
When will we find this in the shops? What about price? Can this fit a cooler master V8?

omg this case is awesome!!

1) Official launch date 11/25

2) Will inform pricing when we're getting closer to the date

3) V8 will fit perfectly with this case

:D

agreed :) ......

RaptorFury    0

well 2 x 230 fans = 460mm min . now we know its going to have a bit more room up top around the fans i am gonna say yeppers easily , and still probably use a cdrom drive in the same bay. (providing its a short one)

dhgroove    0

Great Review of the case here: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2008/10/31/cooler-master-atcs-840-classic-review/1

Good to see that all intakes have dust filters. Even though the CPU and GPU got warm, its nice to see that the case temp stayed the same as ambient temp. I don't think many people these days use passive cooling like they did to test, so I don't think it will be a big deal. Looks like that optional 120mm for the HDD cage might be a good idea, however. All in all, they liked a lot.

My only concern is whether or not my corsair 620 watt PS will have the length necessary to plug into the MoBo while going behind the tray.

All in all, it looks like a winner.

EsaT    0
Great Review of the case here: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2008/10/31/cooler-master-atcs-840-classic-review/1

Good to see that all intakes have dust filters. Even though the CPU and GPU got warm...

Problem is too much uncontrolled airflow (which cools case but not components) caused by top exhausts. Especially foremost top fan just draws out air which is only on its way to cooling components.

One user had 10C CPU temp drop in Cosmos when he built airflow guide which directed intook air toward CPU and prevented top fans from drawing it out prematurely. No doubt this would have also notable temperature drops if you used for example cardboard for making airflow guide below top exhausts forcing them to drawing air from only rear end of the case just above CPU.

VALKYRIE    11

and prevented top fans from drawing it out prematurely

I agree , technically I think the name of this phenomenon is "short circuit Airflow "

edc    0

Graphic card is fixed with screws, right? Do we need to take out motherboard try to unscrew graphic card and/or any other card?