Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

ATCS 840 Official Thread

royce321    0
Can us unloved UK residents have a price in GBP £ please?

or if that is GBP can you send someone round that knows how to resuscitate please?

279.99 U.S. dollars = 173.025584 British pounds

google is your friend :)

booza    0
Can us unloved UK residents have a price in GBP £ please?

or if that is GBP can you send someone round that knows how to resuscitate please?

279.99 U.S. dollars = 173.025584 British pounds

google is your friend :)

Thankis for that, but, the uk price isnt just based on the exchange rate...they will add in a "screw the UK" tax somewhere that will make it more expensive.

And at £175 in this climate they will be pricing themselves out of the market. It is a good case, but at £100 more than the Antec altenative

C`mon coolermater, £175 is too much, Price it about £140 and you will sell bucketloads!!!

booza    0

Any chance of an official UK price please?

I need to know if it is going to be priced sensibly or if I have have to look for something else.

Skald    0

First off, want to give a huge hats off to the guys who were behind the designing of this case. It is a work of art, you put time and effort into it and it shows. If I could I'd buy each one of you a beer.

Now, to the downside of my post, the price.

Right now, I have never owned a CM product, but I am looking to upgrade my computer in the near future. With that a few items to note:

-We are in the midst of a recession and your at tricky price point as far as higher end stuff is. If I am already close to the $300 plateau why not just spend the extra on a Lian Li or Silverstone high end cases that have a great feedback in the community?

-The price is already at the current Stacker case which has a great rep in the community, why pay the same for a design that looks good but is untested?

-Possibly drop the price to $250 with rebates or such and have it coincide around the Christmas/Hanukkah/New Years because at this time peoples wallets really do loosen up a bit, and if you want to really target the older enthusiast crowd, Mid January is a good time to have a 'rebate/sale' as the FA checks come back at that time as well.

This looks like a great case, would hate to see it fail given the current hard economic times.

dhgroove    0

First of all, I'd just like to say I'm very excited about this case. I was going to get the LIAN LI PC-P80, but this case has prevented me from pulling the trigger. However, I'd like some additional info about the following if you could:

I see that you are promoting washable dust filters. I'd like to know on exactly which fan holes we will see them incorporated with. (Hopefully at least the front 230mm intake)

Also, I see that there is an optional external air duct and HDD module for 120mm fan placements. Can you please elaborate on these. More specifically, where are they located and are they meant to be intake or outtake.

Also, I think most of us will still be using a single PS in this case. Will there be an additional back plate for the unoccupied PS slot that will allow for additional fan cooling? I think that would pretty much seal the deal for me.

Also, like Lian Li, do you plan on offering optional "Stealth" 5.25 panels for those of us who like to conceal our DVD-R's, and if so, in both black and silver?

And finally, this isn't a jab or anything, but is the front logo removable? I know its your band name, but I'm going through a minimalist phase right now, and really like things to be as clean as possible.

**Update** Oops, I forgot one thing. I was wondering if you could give us the CFM ratings on those fans. Also, the 120mm that runs at 1200RPM is only 17 dba. Is that a verified reading from 1 meter, or is it another distance? Seems a little too good.

Thank you!!

EsaT    0

Lian Li P80 doesn't have much left from Lian Li's tyle with those LED fans etc...

Would have been better for them to stay in clean, functionality over fashion cases but I guess they had to have new models and older models are hard to make better.

Here's some pics answering to at least some questions:

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Gallery/124111,cooler-master-atcs-840.aspx

With that kind top exhaust you don't need any exhaust in upper PSU slot... probably in most situations foremost top exhaust does more for messing airflow than lowering temperature of components needing cooling most.

Real world amount of moved air is pretty much constant for same RPM regardless of fan.

biggatomic    0
Lian Li P80 doesn't have much left from Lian Li's tyle with those LED fans etc...

Would have been better for them to stay in clean, functionality over fashion cases but I guess they had to have new models and older models are hard to make better.

Here's some pics answering to at least some questions:

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Gallery/124111,cooler-master-atcs-840.aspx

With that kind top exhaust you don't need any exhaust in upper PSU slot... probably in most situations foremost top exhaust does more for messing airflow than lowering temperature of components needing cooling most.

Real world amount of moved air is pretty much constant for same RPM regardless of fan.

Sweet..............