Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

ATCS 840 Official Thread

Haunted    0

I still have a question, was anyone able to install casters on ATCS 840? I was thinking about those from Lian Li, but looks like the holes do not match...

UPDATE

In case you don't mind some drilling, Lian Li casters WB-01 fit perfectly fine and look very nice. :D

Fireheart    0

I'm curious about what is 'outdated' about it? Is it just that the front-panel doesn't have USB-3?

Except, possibly, the lack of an 8th slot, there is nothing that the 840 lacks. It is pure beauty.

Compared to this, the HAF is an ugly, bumpy, plastic monstrosity.

Be Well!

Fireheart

boredgunner    0
I'm curious about what is 'outdated' about it? Is it just that the front-panel doesn't have USB-3?

Except, possibly, the lack of an 8th slot, there is nothing that the 840 lacks. It is pure beauty.

Compared to this, the HAF is an ugly, bumpy, plastic monstrosity.

Be Well!

Fireheart

I agree with you on the HAF, that's why I never bought one. The ATCS 840's fit and finish just doesn't quite compare to Lian-Li cases in the price range. Lian-Lis have more sturdy side panels with better fitment making a much more clean looking case. For its time though, the ATCS 840 was hard to beat in that price range (when it dropped to $200, not when it first debuted).

WhiteSnake    0

I also own the ATCS-840 and am planning to upgrade my PC, and i am not buying a new case anytime soon for my upgraded system because i love the case (on top of that it was pretty expensive) but i would love to see USB 3.0 support, and i bet i am not the only one who feels this way.

Isn't it posible to make a replacment PCB for the front pannel that replaces 2 of the USB 2.0 ports with USB 3.0 ports? Think it should be posible for CM to sell a good bunch of them, especaily if you put out a little press release to some major Hardware review sites etc. That way CM can make some money (not to much :P ) of the people who are not willing to part from there ATCS-840, but want to fit a new motherboard with USB 3.0 (no... i am not prepaired to buy a whole new ATCS-840 with USB 3.0 ports)

byrdman    0

Anybody know a place where I can purchase the ATCS 840 case online (or in Southern California)?

Thanks!

PS. I currently still use the Cooler Master Wave Master [TAC-T01]!!! :-)