Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

ATCS 840 Official Thread

boredgunner    0

Great! I'd like to see how this turns out.

I just got my windowed side panel from yahoo, since COOLER MASTER told me they will be on backorder until July from the CM Store. Sadly it was bent out of shape. In fact it was bent so bad it won't even mount. The packaging was the worst I've ever seen, a bent up brown shipping box with footprints on it (thanks UPS), and inside there was no product box, just the side panel and some foam inserts on each edge which obviously didn't help. The side panel was scratched up like they let a horde of cats loose on it and as I said earlier bent as if it were a light piece of plastic. The ATCS 840 itself came with very nice packaging. Whats with the cheap packaging on the side panel? Sadly I can't pick one up at a local hardware store, I'll have to order online AGAIN and watch it be FUBAR again.

--NEVERMIND I fixed it, I bent it back into shape, sanded down the messed up corner and painted it. There are still some imperfections on the glass but that is a given. I'm glad I fixed it, I'm using it now. I'll post some pics of it when I borrow my friend's camera again, it looks sweet. There are a pair of cold blue cathodes at the top, and three 120mm fans inside (two in HDD cage and one on the bottom) which all have blue LEDs. I plan on replacing these with the blue LED R4 series fans from CM, as well as a smoked one in the external air duct.

Dragan    0
Here's my version of the Black Edition......well its a start anyway and complete with new remodelled top grill :D

zotac_powdercoat_7.jpg

zotac_powdercoat_8.jpg

That's freakin' beautiful man!!! Awesome job!

Dragan    0
Is there any news on the all black edition (inside and out) of the atcs 840? I would buy one of these in an instant if it were available.

Same here, also still waiting ... it will be an instant buy if CM finally starts delivering them! Come on CM!!!

Dragan    0
Great! I'd like to see how this turns out.

I just got my windowed side panel from yahoo, since COOLER MASTER told me they will be on backorder until July from the CM Store. Sadly it was bent out of shape. In fact it was bent so bad it won't even mount. The packaging was the worst I've ever seen, a bent up brown shipping box with footprints on it (thanks UPS), and inside there was no product box, just the side panel and some foam inserts on each edge which obviously didn't help. The side panel was scratched up like they let a horde of cats loose on it and as I said earlier bent as if it were a light piece of plastic. The ATCS 840 itself came with very nice packaging. Whats with the cheap packaging on the side panel? Sadly I can't pick one up at a local hardware store, I'll have to order online AGAIN and watch it be FUBAR again.

--NEVERMIND I fixed it, I bent it back into shape, sanded down the messed up corner and painted it. There are still some imperfections on the glass but that is a given. I'm glad I fixed it, I'm using it now. I'll post some pics of it when I borrow my friend's camera again, it looks sweet. There are a pair of cold blue cathodes at the top, and three 120mm fans inside (two in HDD cage and one on the bottom) which all have blue LEDs. I plan on replacing these with the blue LED R4 series fans from CM, as well as a smoked one in the external air duct.

Great news, and glady you could fix it yourself. I'd love to see some pics of your windowed 840. If I ever get the 840 I'm gonna place a window as well.

boredgunner    0

If the windowed side panel came with the ATCS 840, it would be in a lot better condition. I think CM should sell one with the windowed side panel already, for a little more cash of course. I would have bought it.

Some shots with the new panel on. Current damage is minimal, the glass still has imperfections on it but it is fine by me.

img1817j.jpg

By boredgunner, shot with Canon PowerShot A590 IS at 2009-05-13

img1818t.jpg

img1819k.jpg

arlyn9391    0
First of all, I'd just like to say I'm very excited about this case. I was going to get the LIAN LI PC-P80, but this case has prevented me from pulling the trigger. However, I'd like some additional info about the following if you could:

I see that you are promoting washable dust filters. I'd like to know on exactly which fan holes we will see them incorporated with. (Hopefully at least the front 230mm intake)

Also, I see that there is an optional external air duct and HDD module for 120mm fan placements. Can you please elaborate on these. More specifically, where are they located and are they meant to be intake or outtake.

Also, I think most of us will still be using a single PS in this case. Will there be an additional back plate for the unoccupied PS slot that will allow for additional fan cooling? I think that would pretty much seal the deal for me.

Also, like Lian Li, do you plan on offering optional "Stealth" 5.25 panels for those of us who like to conceal our DVD-R's, and if so, in both black and silver?

And finally, this isn't a jab or anything, but is the front logo removable? I know its your band name, but I'm going through a minimalist phase right now, and really like things to be as clean as possible.

**Update** Oops, I forgot one thing. I was wondering if you could give us the CFM ratings on those fans. Also, the 120mm that runs at 1200RPM is only 17 dba. Is that a verified reading from 1 meter, or is it another distance? Seems a little too good.

Thank you!!

I also like to ask that question to the one who knows much about which fan holes we will see them incorporated with. And there is an optional external air duct and HDD module for 120mm fan placements. Where are they located and are they meant to be intake or outtake?

Furnace Filter

boredgunner    0

Okay, first let me give you the layout of the fans.

Front: 1x 230mm intake, 700 RPM, 110 CFM, 19 DBA

Bottom: 1x 120mm intake (optional)

HDD Cage: 2x 120mm intake (optional)

Top: 2x 230mm exhaust, 700 RPM, 110 CFM, 19 DBA

Rear: 1x 120mm exhaust, 1200 RPM, 45 CFM, 17 DBA

External Air Duct: 1x 120mm exhaust (optional)

This case is dust proof. Behind the easily removable front aluminum bezel (push to the left and inward), there is a large dust filter which comes out easily by pushing down on the top two levers and simply taking it out. Below this there is another small dust filter which can be unscrewed, this is for the front 230mm intake fan as well. The optional bottom 120mm intake fan has a dust filter which has a handle and simply slides out from under the case. The 120mm PSU intake has a removable dust filter inside the case, sadly using an optional 120mm bottom intake fan will block the PSU dust filter from sliding out. The dust filter should have been like on the Cosmos 1000/1010, it is outside of the case and slides out to the rear. So all the intake fans have dust filters, which is great.

The external air duct mounts over the 7 ventilated expansion slots and additional ventilation holes. It covers the area completely, and using an optional 120mm fan and the included 120mm fan grill, it exhausts air from the video cards as well as anything else in the area. This knocked off a few degrees on both my GPU temps.

If you want to see an excellent video review, watch this one.

http://cmstudio.coolermaster.com/video_ ... id=2&vid=9

Okay, I have an update that is important for ATCS 840 owners. The case comes with two 230mm top exhaust fans. I unplugged the one closer to the drive bay cage since it seemed to draw air out prematurely. Now that it is disabled, CPU temps are about 5 degrees cooler idle!

img1823q.jpg

By boredgunner, shot with Canon PowerShot A590 IS at 2009-05-23

Another thing I did was add an APEVIA blue LED 80mm fan to the MOBO tray which is blowing air right onto the GTX 260. Idle temps are 6-7 degrees cooler! I ran out of 80mm fans, I'm going to get another one to go right below it which will cool my 9600GT. I would have used a 120mm blue LED fan if I had one, I only have a few all black 120mm fans and a multi colored. I just used some double sided tape and zip ties to secure the fan :D

img1822i.jpg

By boredgunner, shot with Canon PowerShot A590 IS at 2009-05-23

hehe

overviewd.jpg

By boredgunner, shot with Canon PowerShot A590 IS at 2009-05-24

ncsa    0

Hi ...

Just picked up an 840 .. great case.. huge which was the driver as eventually will get some water cooling into it.

In the meantime can someone point out where I can source a SATA drive backplane, there appears to be some mounting holes so it would seem logical that Coolermaster have one?

Will post some pics when I get it a bit more tidy.

cheers.....

knud    129

Sorry, but we don't have a sata back plate for it.

And it's not in the planning yet either.