Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

ATCS 840 Official Thread

leedash13    0

Hey guys, I hope this is an OK thread to post some pics of my recent ATCS 840 build. All I can say is, the ATCS 840 was a joy to build in, especially with water cooling, since its so large inside and offers numerous options for wire management and whatnot. I did have an issue with a damaged case the first time it arrived, but FrozenCPU quickly sent me another one which was in perfect condition. Anyway, sorry for the poor photo quality, I just took some quick pics while building it...

Inside1.jpg

Inside2.jpg

WireManagement.jpg

Case.jpg

Specs are as follows:

Core i7 920 (Not overclocked....yet)

ASUS P6T Deluxe Motherboard

AMD Radeon 4870 X2

6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600

(2) Intel X-25M 80GB SSD's in RAID 0

(2) WD Caviar 1TB HDD's in RAID 1

Auzentech X-Fi Forte PCI-E Sound card (not in pics)

Zalman ZM-1000HP Power Supply

LG Blu-Ray Drive

Custom Water Cooling:

- DD CPU and GPU blocks

- Feser X-Changer Triple 120mm Radiator

- Feser Tubing & Coolant

- XSPC 250mm Passive Reservoir

- DD/Swiftech Pump

Let me know what you think, thanks!

-Lee

pax    0

Hi,

@customer support

Awesome case - some last questions which will DECIDE IF I'm going to buy this case and resell my unused Lian-Li V2010B for it! Dammit... Just bought it, *dang* you guys come around with such a cool case... Sorry if I missed information already given about the following cues. Short answers like *yes*, *no*, *would work fine* and *date* are ok if preferred.

- Are there ANY accessories planned which let me disguise my 5,25" drives, like those C-models Lian Li sells for their cases? If so, will they be available in black and will they meet the quality standard? (No, I don't want to stick or glue anything in this price category, can't believe what some pals telling me here...)

- Is the logo on the front removable? Sorry guys, but what is the point in building a case with such an awesome finish and minimalistic look and then sticking a silver/black mirror on it in which my cat could shave itself? ...To have it etched in would have been soooo cool. Don't get me wrong, its not the design of the logo itself... just the combination...

- When will the "All Black" modell of this case be released if planned anyway? Hopefully this wouldn't be a version where additional accesories are bundled which would raise the price even more.

- Will it be possible to use AcoustiPack dampening mats in 4mm thickness all over the sidepanels? Or would this negate the possibility of routing cables on the back of the motherboard tray?

Thanks a lot for taking time to answer these questions. Sorry for me being so lazy - But why searching so many different sources for answers if you can put them right to the origin where most people will look first if help is needed...

Some suggestions from my side for a possible future revision of this case:

- Fans:

Let people decide which fans to use for in/outtake purposals. 230mm Fans are seen with a laughing and a crying eye in my area here. The initial thought of giving the possibility to replace the 2 230mm's for 3 120mm's is really cool, but the look from above on to the case is ruined then, because the inner structure is specialized to house the 230mm's. A more symmetric structure with centered fans, housed by additional rails would be the way to go. In addition, not everybody has a replacement fan of that size laying around. So my solution will be to replace the 2 230's at the top with 120mm's and use the 230mm's as spare parts. But not quite satisfying...

And even though the thermal solution is quite neat, factors like "diffuse air movement" and "negative air pressure" really should be considered more next time.

- PCI screws

Why bringing them outwards? Drilling some holes into the frame would have been it and would't have impaired the sturdiness of the frame at all. It also alters the cool look of the back... And besides, I dont think this gap left sided from the screws in the back of the motherboard tray doesn't really suits any need in my eyes (at least in that size) - though I am no engineer...

- Motherboard tray

Again, let people decide where the holes for cable management should be placed. Sure, not everyone wants to take a drill to a case worth over 210,- Euros, but... why are the holes placed so awkward then, not to mention the size of the ATX breakthrough...

- Appearance

Etch the logo in... would match the style of the case much more. And... why not launching an "All Black" version right from the beginning? Ok, color is a matter of taste, but as I think of it, everybody I know who want's this case would like to see it all black from the beginning. And those I know who don't care for black interior wouldn't be disappointed about it, because this wouldn't be a do or die factor in their decision. At least, bring on the symmetrical structure... The fangrill at the top would be much more attractive if both areas would be quadratic (my taste of course).

Overall one of the best cases for my needs atm on the entire market! Awesome work here, finally, I have more options again besides SS and LL.

Regards

pax    0

Hi!

@Customer Support

Once again I am kindly asking for some information about the ATCS 840. I am posting my questions again, one last time in short form to underline my interest in this product.

• [*:3eti45bi]Far most important: Is there a version planned with an all black interior? If so, when will it be released? How much would it cost?
    [*:3eti45bi]Is the version delivered in march a new revision of this case? Are there any changes/differences to it?
    [*:3eti45bi]Are there ANY accessories planned which let me disguise my 5,25" drives?
    [*:3eti45bi]Is the logo on the front removable without damaging the case or leaving a screw hole visible?
    [*:3eti45bi]Sounddampening mats: Enough space to stick 7mm AcoustiPack on both sidepanels, even on the right one behind the motherboardtray?
    [*:3eti45bi]Is there a general problem with the clearance on the sidepanels? It seems like every third case I look at shows this phenomenon that the sidepanels do not fit perfectly on the upper corners in the front.

Wishlist

- all black version

- better symmetrics on fanmounting

- fanmounting of 120s at front too

- logo at the front etched in

- microphone/headphone jack color corrected

- soft rising of the push-up front ports

- smaller breakthroughs on motherboardtray

I really hope someone at CM takes these thoughts serious as this case could really be a killer.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Bidley    0

Any word on an "all black version" or updated model?

If there is, what kind of updates from the current can we expect?

My wishlist

Small side panel, similar to HAF932, without the mesh lines.

Possibly a side fan, or at least mounting options for one.

Holes for PCI slot screws.

CoolerMaster logo etched in

and of course, all black.

biggatomic    0
Hi,

@customer support

Awesome case - some last questions which will DECIDE IF I'm going to buy this case and resell my unused Lian-Li V2010B for it! Dammit... Just bought it, *dang* you guys come around with such a cool case... Sorry if I missed information already given about the following cues. Short answers like *yes*, *no*, *would work fine* and *date* are ok if preferred.

- Are there ANY accessories planned which let me disguise my 5,25" drives, like those C-models Lian Li sells for their cases? If so, will they be available in black and will they meet the quality standard? (No, I don't want to stick or glue anything in this price category, can't believe what some pals telling me here...)

- Is the logo on the front removable? Sorry guys, but what is the point in building a case with such an awesome finish and minimalistic look and then sticking a silver/black mirror on it in which my cat could shave itself? ...To have it etched in would have been soooo cool. Don't get me wrong, its not the design of the logo itself... just the combination...

- When will the "All Black" modell of this case be released if planned anyway? Hopefully this wouldn't be a version where additional accesories are bundled which would raise the price even more.

- Will it be possible to use AcoustiPack dampening mats in 4mm thickness all over the sidepanels? Or would this negate the possibility of routing cables on the back of the motherboard tray?

Thanks a lot for taking time to answer these questions. Sorry for me being so lazy - But why searching so many different sources for answers if you can put them right to the origin where most people will look first if help is needed...

Some suggestions from my side for a possible future revision of this case:

- Fans:

Let people decide which fans to use for in/outtake purposals. 230mm Fans are seen with a laughing and a crying eye in my area here. The initial thought of giving the possibility to replace the 2 230mm's for 3 120mm's is really cool, but the look from above on to the case is ruined then, because the inner structure is specialized to house the 230mm's. A more symmetric structure with centered fans, housed by additional rails would be the way to go. In addition, not everybody has a replacement fan of that size laying around. So my solution will be to replace the 2 230's at the top with 120mm's and use the 230mm's as spare parts. But not quite satisfying...

And even though the thermal solution is quite neat, factors like "diffuse air movement" and "negative air pressure" really should be considered more next time.

- PCI screws

Why bringing them outwards? Drilling some holes into the frame would have been it and would't have impaired the sturdiness of the frame at all. It also alters the cool look of the back... And besides, I dont think this gap left sided from the screws in the back of the motherboard tray doesn't really suits any need in my eyes (at least in that size) - though I am no engineer...

- Motherboard tray

Again, let people decide where the holes for cable management should be placed. Sure, not everyone wants to take a drill to a case worth over 210,- Euros, but... why are the holes placed so awkward then, not to mention the size of the ATX breakthrough...

- Appearance

Etch the logo in... would match the style of the case much more. And... why not launching an "All Black" version right from the beginning? Ok, color is a matter of taste, but as I think of it, everybody I know who want's this case would like to see it all black from the beginning. And those I know who don't care for black interior wouldn't be disappointed about it, because this wouldn't be a do or die factor in their decision. At least, bring on the symmetrical structure... The fangrill at the top would be much more attractive if both areas would be quadratic (my taste of course).

Overall one of the best cases for my needs atm on the entire market! Awesome work here, finally, I have more options again besides SS and LL.

Regards

im about to do a mod to see if i can get that c-model Lian thing to work let u know how it comes out.

anand_n    0

I would like to know whether I can fit Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer (Dimension: 125(L) × 104(W) × 155(H)) on this cabinet.

Is it available in India?

Anand

rcaero    0

Dear All,

I'm interested in this case, and was wondering how hard is it to fir a set of casters to the bottom. Will it require any drilling or mods? Thanks in advanced!