Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

ATCS 840 Official Thread

Fireheart    0

There's no need to worry - the pictured case is NOT the ATCS 840. CM is smarter than that.

file1225684370673.jpg

Not easy to see, but the PCI card retention screws/bracket is on the Outside of the case. Yes, it's easiest to get to by sliding out the MB tray, but that's not Necessary in order to change a card.

Don't over-react.

Be Well!

Fireheart

Lucius1972    0

Hi there,

this is a kickass case and perfect for my new I7 system which i`m planning to build end of january, the only thing i am missing is the sidepanel.

I`m going to install a WC and ofcourse i wanne see the components.

As soon as the sidepanel will be available, i will buy this beauty for sure!

Cheerz,

Lucius.

VALKYRIE    11

As for the Glaringly Obvious Design FLAW pointed out in the previous pictures - well, the case isn't officially launched, yet, so there's still time to drill some quick holes! Go CM, go! Fire up those drill-presses!

Be Well!

Fireheart

:D I Agree :D Coolermaster must Drill the Seven Holes in the vertical pillar " DRILL "

Fireheart    0

:D I Agree :D Coolermaster must Drill the Seven Holes in the vertical pillar " DRILL "

Ah! Sorry, Tonschk, but I have since discovered that CM is smarter than me - There is no need to drill holes, since the PCI Card retaining bracket is on the Back and not obscured by that pillar at all. I was trying to point that out with the picture in my last post. Sometimes, I just need to do more research, before I make an [censored] of myself. :D

Be Well!

Fireheart

elite.ire    3

i dont know guys, id prefer if the mobo tray left plain which would allow people like me to cut there own holes for cable management, and that way we have the right hole placements for whatever motherboard we have, and its genrally looks neater becouse cm seem to cut quite large holes which i dont like (like the new mobo tray in the 83*'s) where is i like to cut very small holes to keep the wires hidden as much as possiable, i would aslo like it if a plate or something was supplied to hide the psu ?, i hate being able to see wires in my pc, so hiding the pc would be asthetically pleasing for me atleast :wink:, and for the price being asked for this case i would want the inside of the case anodised black, come on guys :(, we want our black cases black in the inside too ! :(,

RaptorFury    0

windex and go with the grain with a soft rag. front bazel go up and down, 5.25 bay covers side to side, top and panals front to rear. it cleans right up. if the mood strikes me i may paint mine white .....i have recently found out my self the atcs 840 can and will house a very large water cooling set up. in mine i have a tri 120 up top ( no modding) a dual pass dual row dual 120 rad with fans and a dual pass dual row single 120 bolted to that rad with fan on the bottom. ( the 2 x 120 fan mount on the hdd had to be inverted and then reconfigure the mounting system a bit ( 0 mods again just a reconfigure)

biggatomic    0
windex and go with the grain with a soft rag. front bazel go up and down, 5.25 bay covers side to side, top and panals front to rear. it cleans right up. if the mood strikes me i may paint mine white .....i have recently found out my self the atcs 840 can and will house a very large water cooling set up. in mine i have a tri 120 up top ( no modding) a dual pass dual row dual 120 rad with fans and a dual pass dual row single 120 bolted to that rad with fan on the bottom. ( the 2 x 120 fan mount on the hdd had to be inverted and then reconfigure the mounting system a bit ( 0 mods again just a reconfigure)

thanks i think im going to air cooll mine

I received my black ATCS 840 a few days ago down in Australia... the thing has scratches all over it! In particular there are a couple of really obvious scratches on the top, where silver is showing through the black finish. Then there's the finger prints. There are finger prints everywhere, especially obvious at the rear. I didn't realise I'd have to clean the case before use! How on earth does a case in this condition pass quality control!? Or is the quality control process simply the act of stamping QC passed on the box...

Very disappointed so far :( Don't get me wrong, I love the design of this case, but mine is a disgrace to the CM name.

BrettWms    0
I received my black ATCS 840 a few days ago down in Australia... the thing has scratches all over it! In particular there are a couple of really obvious scratches on the top, where silver is showing through the black finish. Then there's the finger prints. There are finger prints everywhere, especially obvious at the rear. I didn't realise I'd have to clean the case before use! How on earth does a case in this condition pass quality control!? Or is the quality control process simply the act of stamping QC passed on the box...

Very disappointed so far :( Don't get me wrong, I love the design of this case, but mine is a disgrace to the CM name.

OK.. Posting the same thing over and over again is lame. Make one post and that's it. Don't make 2 of the same posts in different areas just to complain. Oh, and watch how many times you click submit.. :)

Also, it sounds like where you got it from did this, not CM themselves. Check with your vendor to find out if they had the case returned (most likely they did). Or it was a display model.