Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

ATCS 840 Official Thread

bviperz    0

Completed my build over the holiday weekend. Here's some initial thoughts (I'm no professional reviewer, just a regular consumer):

Pos:

*Case is big with lots of internal space. Wider than most full tower cases, would fit most full-sized cpu coolers no problem.

*Aside from the thin (but not flimsy) side panels, overall build quality is great. Didn't cut myself once!

*Very stylish looks, only wish the logo on the front was black, being silver it stands out quite a bit (wheres my Sharpie?) The case I got is silver on the inside :cry:

*Air flow management is quite good. Please note, due to the build I used (see below) I put in 3 high flow 120mm fans in the optional hdd slot (2) as well as the bottom slot (1).

*Due to the included 230mm fans, computer is very quite, which is a big plus.

*Removable motherboard tray, smooth as butter to get in and out. Made putting mb together so much easier.

*Biggest plus for me was cable management. Due to it's size and options, cable management is the best I've worked with since I started building my own computers from scratch (2000). The case power/reset as well as the I/O cables are long enough to route out of site to the MB. Space behind the mother board is just right to fit the CPU power connector along with routed power cables. In the end, none of the cables routed throughout the case are blocking any airflow from all 7 fans installed.

Neg:

*Tight fit into the CD/DVD/BD drive bays. Had to wiggle it, just a little bit to get them in.

*Umm, not really a neg, but because it is sooo savvy looking, you will notice every fingerprint and rub mark on the entire case. Be sure you have dust-free cloth handy!

Build:

Foxconn Destroyer

9950 Phenom OC 2.8GHz, Core-contact freezer cooler

OCZ Platinum 1066 4GB RAM

BFG GTX 260 in SLi

WD 320Gb HDD

Samsung DVD Multi-drive

Scythe KM02 Fan controller

I'll post pic when I get the chance!

Griffin    0

I love the look of this case. But like someone else mentioned I wish there was a windowed side panel available. I talked to someone from Coolermaster and they said the demand for one isnt there yet :(

Oh well, photoshop will have to do for now :P

atcsdz3.jpg

I think is a good idea to make seven holes in the vertical pillar to reach the PCI screws with a screwdriver , this can be done in the next improved version of the ATCS840

10959_3__GESV_144_4g.jpg

Darn I was gonna buy this case, but cause of this I am looking at lian li 2010 or silverstone tj07 :(