Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

ATCS 840 Official Thread

Tekniqal    0

Yea I think we knew that, it was whether they were accessible in the case. Like the previous person said all they have to do it put some holes in the pillar. When they make that adjustment they can also make the interior and I/O black :).

Starboykb    0
Problem is too much uncontrolled airflow (which cools case but not components) caused by top exhausts. Especially foremost top fan just draws out air which is only on its way to cooling components.

One user had 10C CPU temp drop in Cosmos when he built airflow guide which directed intook air toward CPU and prevented top fans from drawing it out prematurely. No doubt this would have also notable temperature drops if you used for example cardboard for making airflow guide below top exhausts forcing them to drawing air from only rear end of the case just above CPU.

You got the link. i would like to learn more about that Cooling method.

EsaT    0
I have a question about water cooling and this case. After reading the bit-tech.net review of the ATCS840 it answered and generated a couple a questions. My main issue is with where I can mount my radiator. The review and the official CM product page show a radiator being mounted horizontally on the upper "PSU bar" just below the top panel fans.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/upload/product/2870/gallery/full/17.jpg?868877228

I wanted to know if for sure a triple 120mm radiator can fit there and still have ample room for 5.25 bay devices. The picture shows a double 120mm.

Two 230mm fans=460mm of space.

Use fan size as scale also for fan positions on back end of HDD cage.

Cooler for expansion cards, its job is to draw air out through holes in slot covers and mesh next to slots.

Little like BS-03/BS-06 PCI cooling kits of Lian Li but externally.

One user had 10C CPU temp drop in Cosmos when he built airflow guide which directed intook air toward CPU and prevented top fans from drawing it out prematurely...

You got the link. i would like to learn more about that Cooling method.
But I bet you don't understand Finnish.

In short with (real) silencing aimed PC you can't afford to waste any airflow so you just have to make sure all air going through case cools also components and if case has too much exhaust holes that isn't possible without keeping airflow strictly controlled inside case.

tong    0

My only question is: Will there be a version with a windowed side panel? or will you sell a windowed side panel separate? My gf is getting me this case for x-mas : :bounce:

angelwingzx    0

Slight error on the ATCS 840 features page which i think should be corrected.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id=18&product_id=2870product_id=2810

Meshed top paneling design is repeated twice.

Second one should say something like easy cpu fan and heatsink installation and remove for something like that.

This is a very useful feature esp. for the V8 cpu cooler which i think looks awesome.