Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

ATCS 840 Official Thread

boredgunner    0

Uh wow. Take it easy there, sparky! Nice shots, your fan controller looks better than mine (Sunbeam Chromatic Windmill which can control 7 fans, but not the 230mm fans). Here is how mine looks right now. I can't wait for my windowed side panel and cold blue cathode, it will look much nicer in my opinion. I still can't believe how quiet this case is! The sound of me typing outdoes the noise in the case.

img1469q.jpg

By boredgunner, shot with Canon PowerShot A590 IS at 2009-04-30

img1472o.jpg

img1471g.jpg

img1535jct.jpg

By boredgunner, shot with Canon PowerShot A590 IS at 2009-05-02

Dragan    0
I got my ATCS 840 and set it up yesterday. Yeah its huge, my GTX 260 looks puny in there, don't even ask about the 9600GT. The case is VERY quiet, the 230mm fans are silent, you can't hear them unless you put your ear to them. The only components that are audible are the GTX 260 (fan speed set to 80%), and my Logicys 120mm radiator fan. I have a question about the 230mm fans - if you plug them into the MOBO (my fan controller doesn't work with it), do they automatically go to 700 RPM? They are spinning very slow and the top ones don't seem to be exhausting much air.

The aluminum plate that covers the front 230mm fan is pretty sharp - be careful! It cut me a few times. It is also difficult to put it back on. Other than this I don't have any complaints for the case. The ATCS 840 is the best case out there in my opinion. I should get the windowed side panel by next Monday, I ordered it this Monday. Lastly I'll get a cold blue cathode, this should look great. Cooling is fantastic, I use the default 230mm fans (one intake on the front, two exhaust on top), along with a bottom 120mm blue LED intake fan, two blue LED 120mm intake fans in the HDD cage, blue LED 120mm exhaust fan on my radiator, and the COOLER MASTER 120mm exhaust fan in the external air duct. Sadly this fan only spins at about 1050 RPM, I hope the CFM rating is good. It is however the quietest 120mm fan I've ever worked with.

Dragan, the cable management cut outs are perfect for ATX motherboards. My PSU cables go right under the MOBO tray. Cable management is the easiest in this case. The included cable tie-downs helped a lot. There are no carry handles as you pointed out, but carrying the case is rather easy due to the aluminum construction. It weighs just under 30 pounds, but the size of the case alone can become an issue when carrying it. It is easier if you have long arms like I do.

The window on the windowed side panel is rather small and positioned closer to the middle. Here is a picture.

coolermasteratcs840.jpg

Thanks for the info boredgunner. Good to hear that about the cable management cut outs. I would still prefer to see some handles or grips of some sort on a huge case like this. About the window, you're right it's centered, however IMO it would have been better if CM made the window taller and not so wide so that the view would focus more on the mobo area and psu. As it is now I think I could hardly see the CPU area when I place the case on the floor. Anyway, hopefully the revised and all-black 840 will be released soon! At the moment I think it's still the best case out there, however I'm also looking at the HAF 932 but that one is not all-black either and, even worse, it has NO air-filters!!! and Corsair is also coming with an all-black case. Comon CM ... your customers are waiting! :-)

jbjtkbw00    0

macumba,

That's a lot of pics bro! Glad I have a decent connection. That would have taken overnight to load in the AO-:) days.

biggatomic    0

very nice makes me want to post some of my pics too...............................

maybe later :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

jbjtkbw00    0

I'll throw some up tomorrow I guess. May as well jump on the bandwagon and show off how versatile this case really is.

Dragan    0
Uh wow. Take it easy there, sparky! Nice shots, your fan controller looks better than mine (Sunbeam Chromatic Windmill which can control 7 fans, but not the 230mm fans). Here is how mine looks right now. I can't wait for my windowed side panel and cold blue cathode, it will look much nicer in my opinion. I still can't believe how quiet this case is! The sound of me typing outdoes the noise in the case.

img1469q.jpg

Btw boredgunner, it looks like you forgot to remove the paper motherboard template. I don't think it's supposed to be there when you put your mobo in.

May be it's nothing to worry about, I don't know but it's the first time I see it.

Dragan    0
I'll throw some up tomorrow I guess. May as well jump on the bandwagon and show off how versatile this case really is.

Yeah post'em if ya gottem! :-) I can't see enough pics of this near-perfect case!

jbjtkbw00    0

Here's a few pics of the finished product. Mind you, I will need to go back and see what I can do about cleaning up the power cables as I just have them would up a bit and the placement on the PSU has them towards the near side of the case AND the GPU power adapters are located on the front as well. Any suggestions are welcome.

Heres' the completed build.

3487959336_df0787fcf9_o.jpg

Here's my PSU powering this monster.

3487960456_2dae7ca9ae.jpg?v=0

Closeup shot of the drive bays. That's 2 Velociraptors that I have running in Raid 0 and 3 1 TB WD Caviar Blacks

3487959670_5ac337b4a1.jpg?v=1241061706

And for show, here it is lit up at night.

3487961442_63a8d99fed.jpg

I think the coolest thing about this case is if you look at it from the top when it's on, you can see like a cavernous view inside. That's good though, because the radiator for the GPU's blows in there and gets pulled up in the flow out the top (along with the heat coming off the HDD's). Nothing going out the back due to the CPU cooling.

boredgunner    0

img1469q.jpg

Btw boredgunner, it looks like you forgot to remove the paper motherboard template. I don't think it's supposed to be there when you put your mobo in.

May be it's nothing to worry about, I don't know but it's the first time I see it.

Yeah I was in a bit of a rush and forgot to rip it off. Oh well, it shouldn't be a real issue.

Its gone now :drunken:

img1554y.jpg

By boredgunner, shot with Canon PowerShot A590 IS at 2009-05-09

img1556l.jpg

img1555eqp.jpg

img1559x.jpg

img1472s.jpg

By boredgunner, shot with Canon PowerShot A590 IS at 2009-05-08

img1471f.jpg

img1535d.jpg

Dark Energy    0

Is there any news on the all black edition (inside and out) of the atcs 840? I would buy one of these in an instant if it were available.