Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

Poll: Would you buy a 120mm fan that would output 90CFM...

Poll: Would you buy a 120mm fan that would output 90CFM at a rated 19 - 21dba?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Would you buy a 120mm fan that would output 90CFM at a rated 19 - 21dba?

• Yes, give me some air
    • Maybe, depends how much it costs
    • No, don't need it
    • I dont know, I'm not sure

Sonic    0

You don't want to be put down with SilenX, your fans by knowledgable(even a word?) pc builders will always be put down due to faulty misleading claims/ratings.

I really know that for one:

2000RPM will be unbearably loud especially on fans >7 blades. The motor noise would most likely be heard, and the turbulence... woah, it's gonna be mad!

Now to get to 21DB, you need about 1000RPM. At 2000, it will be around 40DB. What does this mean? Either the airflow or DB ratings are WRONG. A general reference would be http://www.silentPCreview.com. Wonderful fan reviews. Anyone know lovely SilenX with similar claims? Their fans got beat down, terribly. They claim 11DB, 44CFM, and 1100RPM. What do they produce? 26DB, which is just terrible [ 1200RPM fans do better ] and only 35CFM.

It all depends on the fin design though. I too have personally heard this fan and compared it to our stock fan(im talking about the ours), which is the one that comes standard on all of our cases.. Only difference i have seen is the cfm it produces. That rule applies to a standard fin design fan, not this one.

You don't want to be put down with SilenX, your fans by knowledgable(even a word?) pc builders will always be put down due to faulty misleading claims/ratings.

I sure don't know how more misleading one can be with a claim of 90CFM@19dba with 2000rpm and to even stamp that on the package. I'm looking at my taskbar clock to make sure its not April 1st or something....LOL I'd hate to have one of these blades come flying off @2000 rpms.

you should throw a few fans to some of these Hardware Forums for Reviews and give us feedback/links on what they think of your claims.

most american moms didn't raise fools

EsaT    0

Hmm... Nine strongly curved blades...

While air and water are both fluids and one satellite photo captured submarine with propeller visible (rather thin highly curved blades) pressures are at different magnitudes and one major thing they try to do in them is minimizing cavitation and I don't think same phenomenon applies exactly to air.

You should send one to SilentPCReview... even if it performs only half well you would have guaranteed sales!

paulm2008    0

I have surrently 4 scythe kaze fans in my cm831 side bracket - these throw out ~110CFM - the downside is they are as noisy as :). It's like working in a full air conditioned computer room [if they still exist - I'm talking 20 years ago here !!], that being said they do work very well. However 90CFM @ approximatly half the dB rating seems pretty impressice to me - but how much do they cost - I will google and have a look - If I can locate a UK source I may get some.

Regards

Paul

yes give it a chance but it has to be properly promoted and get exposure nationally with Facts/Details or it will end up just another fan .

Question will these if released to retail have a LED option ? (its a valid sell point to many)

oohms    0

These fans produce more pressure at a given airflow than most other 120mm fans, but i have to say that they are definitively not 20dba. At 7v, these fans work really well (what i found to be the best noise/airflow compromise).

They are the same fan that now comes in all the newer CM cpu coolers (hyper-212 and newer) and can have red or blue LED's (from what i have seen so far)