Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

Poll: Would you buy a 120mm fan that would output 90CFM...

Poll: Would you buy a 120mm fan that would output 90CFM at a rated 19 - 21dba?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Would you buy a 120mm fan that would output 90CFM at a rated 19 - 21dba?

• Yes, give me some air
    • Maybe, depends how much it costs
    • No, don't need it
    • I dont know, I'm not sure

Poll: Would you buy a 120mm fan that would output 90CFM at a rated 19 - 21dba for a reasonable price?

What do you think guys? Here is a chance to let your voices be heard regarding possible new products.

Give us some feedback, opinions, comments, anything constructive.

aSASa    0

Well, no, because that would clearly be false information.

No fan can move more than maybe 40CFM at 22DB. Unless this is max airflow and minimum noise.

If so, depends on price, build quality, and blade count [ I only buy 9 bladed fans ]

pcew    0

Yes I would love to buy a 120mm fan with 90CFM air @ 19-21 dBA @ reasonable price.

Waiting when this is released..as I have to place a pre-order of 3x120mm fans. :)

What about 140mm fans? :|

Sonic    0

Yeah sorry to be a negative ned, but there is no way a 120mm fan produces 90cfm @ 19-21dba. If it was at 28-32 dba it would be more accurate but no way 19-21dba.

I don't mean to be rude in any way or form but whoever determines these results needs to make the testing is done right.

aSASa    0

I, too, am interested in some 140mm.

Maybe some specially designed for the Stacker 830 :wink:

@ Sonic + Zenphic = I already talked to one of the people, they are sure its possible ;).

I tried to explain that turbulence would take over, but who knows what CM has up their sleeves :D:mrgreen:

Zenphic    0

90CFM at 19-21 dBA? At one meter, I doubt it's noise level would be that low :P

You guys should give more details on your testing methodology!

And I wouldn't buy it since I don't need it. I prefer silence and that means running fans at 500RPM lol

For the price, try keeping it under 10$

Sonic    0

@ Sonic + Zenphic = I already talked to one of the people, they are sure its possible ;).

Well I'm sure it will be 19-21dba from a couple feet away, though it depends on how far you need to be away from it to be 19-21dba. Plus those fan grills aren't going to help.

I bet if you compared a 68cfm/24dba scythe slipstream and a CM 90cfm/19-21dba fan up close you I bet the CM would be louder, it all depends what distance the fans are tested at.

aSASa    0

I plan on buying some Slipsreams unless someone {AKA CoolerMaster} manages to come up with something better.

Lots of 800RPM fans, here I come.

GR8One84    0

Hello everyone,

if the picture has shown up you will all see that there is such things as a 90CFM fan with such a low Dba. Now the Dba is closer to 21 but still very very quiet. In fact our Hyper Z600R comes with one of these fans included in the packaging because the CFM helps to cool the CPU that much better. All we are looking for is the general interest in such fans. If people are looking for case fans we are asking for your input because unless your sitting at your computer with your ear up to the case, these fans are very quiet. In fact they are quieter than most fans I have been able to get my hands on.

post-29878-13880422138476_thumb.jpg

aSASa    0

I really know that for one:

2000RPM will be unbearably loud especially on fans >7 blades. The motor noise would most likely be heard, and the turbulence... woah, it's gonna be mad!

Now to get to 21DB, you need about 1000RPM. At 2000, it will be around 40DB. What does this mean? Either the airflow or DB ratings are WRONG. A general reference would be http://www.silentPCreview.com. Wonderful fan reviews. Anyone know lovely SilenX with similar claims? Their fans got beat down, terribly. They claim 11DB, 44CFM, and 1100RPM. What do they produce? 26DB, which is just terrible [ 1200RPM fans do better ] and only 35CFM.