Sign in to follow this  
GiLaLu

CoolerMaster V8 Vs Thermalright 120Xtreme Review

GiLaLu    0

Thanks..

You know it really surprised me that none of the popular online reviewers site have done any review on the V8 yet. I believe they are already available in the market? or most of them are just busy with the Corei7 news? I hope someone else will do a much more thorough review and more comparison on several other coolers, such as maybe making a list of TOP 20 air coolers in the market? hmmm...that will be nice :bounce:

GiLaLu    0

Will it be better than Z600 with 2 12CM fans? now that's a good question. From what I have gathered from other online reviewers the Z600 is slightly lower performance than the 120ultra, thus if people do the calculation based on this assumption, it would probably (mind you) that they are probably just matching the 120ultra or at most be on the same par. But of course mind you, I could be wrong cause I have not personally done the test. For me, I think I am happy with just the V8. I really think the Z600 with 2 fans installed too large for me (considering I have already 12CM fan at the back of my case). Now if I really want to add extra performance, I may as well modify the V8 with a better or stronger quality fan. But then again, I think I will just leave it as it is at the moment, cause having a bigger speedy fan will be just too noisy for me. (Mind you the S series have a lot of fans than normal case, if you add up all the possible options.)

Armand    0
thus I believe the ambient temperature of the room should be around 18-19C.

I could see the CPU-temp with the V8 at idle was 12C ???? ......

Nice review though .... maybe you can also post some bigger pics here to show youre system with the V8?

GR8One84    0

Remember, different markets release products at different times. The US WILL be releaseing the V8 soon. Performance, we have been able to take out 120 extreme, Ultra 90, and all Zalman coolers. This puppy was designed for performance, and perform it will. The Hyper Z600 is a cooler designed to compete with the Ultra 120 Extreme and thus far has done a good job keeping temps very low. By addid the two fans to the Hyper Z you increase the size of course but also increase the cooling performance. One quick not about the V8, The higher powered your CPU the Cooler the temps run with the V8. So the stronger and higher you push the V8 the more cooling performance it will push back at you.

GiLaLu    0
thus I believe the ambient temperature of the room should be around 18-19C.

I could see the CPU-temp with the V8 at idle was 12C ???? ......

Well now, that is depend on which reading you have taken it from?? There are reasons why I tried to put at least 4 different reader (speedfan, Coretemp, realtemp, Asus Probe). I just try to make all "the fanboys" from that particular reader happy? :roll:

To be honest....I dont think the Asus Probe (the one that comes with the Asus probe) really accurate?? I think I would prefer the coretemp or realtemp. By the way, I just realized the realtemp reading is different is because I forget to adjust the Max TJ junct to 100 (95 default in realtemp). It should have similar reading to the coretemp (once you set them to 100C in TJ Max).

Well actually I planned too...in fact I am still busy modding them at the moment....Just wait...once I finished you can see them at the review page again.... :bounce: Thank you.