Sign in to follow this  
cgskitters

Correct GTX280 power on Real 1000W

cgskitters    0

So I'm a little confused on how I should connect the power suppply to my video card with these 6 rails. Just got a Real Power 1000W, GTX280 says it needs 40A on the rail, so since rails 3 and 4 say they are rated at 28A should I connect the 6 pin PCI-E power connecters from the other rails on the card also instead of 8pin+6Pin on the same rail?

Thanks

the post above is totally vague...LOL

the reference to the 40A you saw, was actually suggesting if your PSU only had one rail. Your PSU has 6 rails @ 18amps (for example--not sure which model you have)...so theoretically, its 6x18A (108A). CM doesn't really explain the rail mapping but most top notch PSU will have the CPU Power and PCI-e 6 pins on their own rails. So you should have no issues using anyone of your 6 pin PCI-e's for your Video Card.

cgskitters    0

Okay thanks that helps, I never really worried about how I connected things up before and with having all these rails, and the box saying power supply needed to have 40A on the 12V rail everything was so vague. I have the Real Power Pro 1000W btw. Thanks for the help though. :D

Mr. Miyagi    2

As others have posted, the Real 1000W will have no problem powering the GTX280. blackrain is correct that each of the 6 rails are 18amp.

Okay thanks that helps, I never really worried about how I connected things up before and with having all these rails, and the box saying power supply needed to have 40A on the 12V rail everything was so vague. I have the Real Power Pro 1000W btw. Thanks for the help though. :D

Nvidia GTX280--Maximum power consumption is rated at 147W (double that plus some for dual SLI)

http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-hardware/ ... tx280.html

You're more than ready--in fact, you'd probably have enough spare to power a few neighborhoods in Zimbabwe.

EsaT    0
Nvidia GTX280--Maximum power consumption is rated at 147W (double that plus some for dual SLI)

http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-hardware/ ... tx280.html

Could you stop spreading misinformation?

~180W/15A

Same for virtual rails, they're current limited wire groups just like outlets wired to different circuit breakers in your house.

Total System Power....LOL (A/C 120V and D/C 12V are not the same)(PSU is self contained and provides its DC Volts/Amperage)

--and its depends on what review--the bottom line is he has enough power and should have no issues installing his card.Thats why there is nothing virtual about 6 rails@18amps (6x18=108amps...108ampsx12v=1296 Max Watts D/C@80% eff=1036W) or even having 40amps D/C on a single rail..household common A/C amperage on a single circuit is 20AMPs. 'dont confuse the two"...lol

snag000rh6.jpg

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.h ... h1c2lhc3Q=