Sign in to follow this  
aSASa

Stacker 830 Side Fan Tray = Fan Tick

aSASa    0

Hi. Well, since i've been getting lots of fans from motherboard trays lately I tried installing them on my Stacker.

Background info:

- Computer is very quiet

- Low speed fans

- Not undervolted

- Tight installation

- Mesh removed from 120mm fan holders

- Fan being installed is a Cooler Master 1200RPM. Very silent when not installed.

So, I first have it in that little 120mm holder and theres a bit of blade brushing on the mesh, but its not all too bad. Then, once installed in the tray, the brushing becomes more of a tick. I don't have any audio recordings, but this is very annoying! All I hear with it installed [ okay, well, its not that loud, but it cant become "white noise", so its very annoying ] is ChChTickChChTickChChTick etc.

Whats wrong? Are the trays just made improperly? I don't think that its the holder, as the ones on the front of the case make no brushing or ticking. Just motor noise and turbulence. I was really wanting this fan there to cool my majorly overclocked memory [ Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800MHz Cas 4-4-4-12 running at 1000MHz, 3-3-3-9!! ]

EDIT: Adding pressure on to it does not fix it. I also tried removing the side fan tray with the fan installed to see if it was tray-to-case vibrational noise. Still ticked; no change in tone or loudness.

CHEESEWHiZ    0

Are you sure it's not the fan that is broken? I had a similar issue like this and it turned out that one of the blades on my fan got bent and was hitting the metal bracket.

aSASa    0

Yeah, its not that individual fan. I tried the other fan in the front of my case and it did the same thing.

But then just now I decided to try a 1400RPM Xigmatek PWM fan. Well, its definitely a lot louder in motor noise, I can tell ya that, but theres no brushing or ticking. Seems to me Cooler Master just has some problems with the design on their fan. [ Blade too close to edge? ]

royce321    0

i've noticed that from time to time on my case...its always that damn right bottom corner fan lol

however i just solve the issue by scooting it away from the mesh a lil bit, close the door and everything is peachy

otherwise its just the cabling hitting the fan, but i solved that with zip ties