Sign in to follow this  
cmyers

CM Sniper Prototype

XenoMorpH    2

The case looks very nice! But the front looks a bit cheap to me. Maybe it's an idea for CM to include acryl-side windows with the package so people can exchagne the meshed windows (dust).

EsaT    0
Maybe it's an idea for CM to include acryl-side windows with the package so people can exchagne the meshed windows (dust).
Don't know about that...

Any kind acrylic window in side panel probably means that case fails EMC requirements.

EsaT    0

Which go trough because they're tested hardly ever, the least by makers making them.

Check what Akasa Eclipse 62 looks, here in Finland Safety Technology Authority banned it. (requested withdrawal from sale and buyers can return/get full refund because of product being faulty)

They have given three other such bans and no doubt many more if they started systematically testing available cases.

There are coatings which can be used to stop EMI/RFI but "for some reason" I don't believe that cheap makers use those.

XenoMorpH    2

All product which are going to be soled in Europe need to have a CE certificate, otherwise it's not allowed to be sold in Europe at all. CE is a Risk assessment, to invent people to get hurt by the product. Looking at my CM690, the device is a CE device, this also counts for the acrylic side-panel I bought for this case.

So I don't c any reason for CM NOT to include a window...

Andd yes, per country there are safety boards which tests products to c if they comply to the standards, and there are indeed products which aren't safe. Most of the times these are cheap a$$ products, CM in this case isn't a company which makes cheap a$$ products imo.

EsaT    0
All product which are going to be soled in Europe need to have a CE certificate, otherwise it's not allowed to be sold in Europe at all.

manufacturers of electronic devices are advised to run EMC tests in order to comply with compulsory CE-labeling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_compatibility

So no mandatory EMC testing...

To permit the use of a CE mark on a product, proof that the item meets the relevant requirements must be documented.... Often it is achieved by a company-internal self-certification process.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_mark

Again nothing about any outside testing. So in reality CE mark's meaning relies entirely on honesty of manufacturer, unlike with marks like DEMKO, FIMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO, TUV etc. which require testing done by recognized party.

Do you think this CE marked junk behaving like fireworks would get any conformance marks?

Well, I sent feedback about this so let's see do they test (and ban) more cases.

(as statistic they tested 730 electric appliances in last year finding 67 with serious defects, giving in total 88 sales bans and ordering 19 product recalls)