Sign in to follow this  
SLaY3r

Hyper 6

SLaY3r    0

Does the Hyper 6 have any Socket 939 specific motherboard maker Incompatabilites? I am thinking about getting the MSI K8N Neo-2 Plat.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

939 is exactly the same as 940 just with a pin dropped, dont worry it will fit on a skt 939 mobo and im pretty sure its compatible the with k8n neo 2.

i have to say tho you probs made the wrong choice of mobo u shoulda goot the abit or the asus 939 much better

Mr. Miyagi    2

I've heard great things about the Neo2 though. MSI, Abit and Asus all have great products. The nForce 3 is sweet.

Mr. Miyagi    2

From the looks of the Neo2-Platinum, it doesn't look like you will run into compatibility problems. I have the Neo-Platinum (although different, it almost has the same layout as the Neo2) and I didn't have any problems. The differences in the layout (besides the 939-pin) is the extra DIMM slot and the arrangements of the FDD and HDD. I see how they could have added another DIMM slot of the Neo-Platinum and there wouldn't be compatibility issues, so I think you're good to go.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

nForce 3 was crap compared to nForce 2 and the Via chipsets have always thrased them about. MSI is an aquired taste for yes people in me and my colelctive group, you just live with the horendous breakdowns and problems yes it looks sparkyly and shiny just wait for the hernia.

Guest cngn   
Guest cngn

I installed the Hyper 6 on an Abit Av8 mobo, without any major issues, except the universal base which CM provides is a lil thick and I had to trim it down a bit on one side cause the ABIT had a few Capacitors which were interfering with it sitting flush on the PCB other than that it works wonderfully...

You can see how I've installed it on my site...

http://www.gncn.com/Rig/Index.htm

Plus I have my Sys config there as well should be able to see I've installed it on a S939 Mobo.

hope this helps