Sign in to follow this  
mike878

850W realpower pro missing 2x 8PIN

mike878    0

post-30084-13880422125064_thumb.jpgpost-30084-13880422125064_thumb.jpghi, well ive recently purchased this psu and it has been running perfectly :)

only ive just noticed that it is missing two 8-Pin PCIe cables! (the box says 4x 6-pin AND 2x 8-pin) good thing i noticed before i purchased a new GPU.

it does however have the single CPU 8PIN and the 4x 6PIN

i have been emailing (plus sent pictures) to tech support but they have just said that there gonna send a single 6 to 8pin converter!?

i dont understand a single converter means less power and means i have to give up a 6-pin cable. i am ordering a new 280GTX and it is not reccomened to use a converter for the 8PIN.

the tech guy who im emailing doesnt seem to understand that i need a NEW psu with the 2x 8pins built in (as promised on the box)

any help would be great.

EDIT: i have added some photos. i know they are messy but as u can see there are the 4x 6PIN and the 1xCPU 8PIN but no PCI-E 8PIN!!!

post-30084-1388042212574_thumb.jpg

post-30084-13880422126408_thumb.jpg

how long ago is 'recent' because if you can still exchange it for one that is right, It will no doubt be quicker. And it clearly states if this Model your talking about is the :

Real Power Pro 850W

(RS-850-EMBA)

M/B 24 Pin Connector x 1

CPU 4 Pin x 1

CPU 8 Pin x 1

PCI-E 8 Pin x2

PCI-E 6 Pin x 4

4 Pin Peripheral x 6

SATA x 8

4 Pin Floppy x 2

file1200910647840.jpg

and I can't believe an actual CM support tech told you he will send a single 6 to 8pin converter..that is just outragous!...and sent pictures duh!

I would also post the images here..showing the missing 8 pin PCI-E connectors....

mike878    0

thanks for the reply mate.

yeah well it has actually been 4 months now lol.

the only reason i noticed was becasue i am gonna upgrade to a 280GTX so i double checked i has the 8PINS.

and yeah that is my model, thanks.

thanks for the reply mate.

yeah well it has actually been 4 months now lol.

the only reason i noticed was becasue i am gonna upgrade to a 280GTX so i double checked i has the 8PINS.

and yeah that is my model, thanks.

lol...the reason I ask is because places like newegg.com offer 1 year replacement...and the fact its even missing the 8 Pin PCI-e. You might be waiting another 4 months just for a RMA and from reading some post...thats after you've sent it in....I'm still :scratch: my head about how a CM Tech can think sending you a 6 to 8 pin converter is fixing a problem with a PSU that suppose to have 2x8 Pin PCI-e and doesn't.

mike878    0
I'm still my head about how a CM Tech can think sending you a 6 to 8 pin converter is fixing a problem with a PSU that suppose to have 2x8 Pin PCI-e and doesn't.

yeah me too man. heres the email the sent:

"Hello Michael,

The cable connects to 6pin, so, you will have 2 8pin cables, and this extension cable is especially made for you by us.

In fact, we don’t know why missing it, if you need other 8pin cable, please you buy from shop.

We are apology you again. Please can forgive our mistake. "

i am really angry with that customer service.

that sounds like you got ahold of someone in Taiwan who no doubt lacks English and few bricks...don't know how your missing them?... :roll:

maybe someone from CM will come along and make this right and on a timely matter. Although the adapter would work fine..its just the fact you would think a customer who paid for something, would get the advertised products specifications he bought and not have someone take an unprofessional approach to fixing it.

mike878    0
maybe someone from CM will come along and make this right and on a timely matter. Although the adapter would work fine..its just the fact you would think a customer who paid for something, would get the advertised products specifications he bought and not have someone take an unprofessional approach to fixing it.

agrreed. thanks for your input mate. now we wait for a moderater :)

Jim Wilson    0

maybe you should click on this link and SEE for yourself (its even pictured and stated on the retail box)....sheeeeesh!!..even Mike878 notes that in his post.

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/pr ... tail&id=35

Model RS-850-EMBA

Type ATX Form Factor 12V V2.3 / SSI standard EPS 12V V2.92

Dimension (W / H / D) 150(W) x 180(L) x 86(H) (mm)

Input Voltage 90~264V (Auto Range)

Input Current 12A@ 115 Vac / 6.3A@ 230 Vac

Input Frequency Range 47~63 Hz

PFC Active PFC(0.99)

Power Good Signal 100~500 ms

Hold Up Time >17 ms

Efficiency 81%(170W) / 85%(425W) / 82%(850W)

MTBF >100,000 hrs

Protection OVP / OCP / OTP / OLP / Short / Full Protection

Output Capacity 850 Watts Continuous

Max. Output Capacity 1,000 Watts

Operation Temperature 0~50℃(Nominal Input Voltage)

Safety CE / cUL / TUV / NEMKO / BSMI / FCC / CCC / C-tick / GOST

Fan Ultra-silent 135mm fan with intelligent speed control

Certification nVIDIA SLI / 80 Plus

Connector M/B 24 Pin Connector x 1

CPU 4 Pin x 1

CPU 8 Pin x 1

PCI-E 8 Pin x2 <----------------------------

PCI-E 6 Pin x 4

4 Pin Peripheral x 6

SATA x 8

4 Pin Floppy x 2

13.jpg

If you need a lot of PCI-e connectors for an SLI setup you're in luck. There are a total of six in all – four 6-pin connectors, and two 8-pin connectors. These are also clearly labeled.

http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/cooler ... index4.php

**only thing i've noticed..is they may have had an eariler version...and some older 6 Pin got mistakenly put in new boxes**