Sign in to follow this  
Armand

Cosmos 1000 and components not that cool

VALKYRIE    9

" jroc wrote : ....just get to know your case,environment,components and then work you way to its limits"

I buy only full black fans ( without led ) because every led add just a little bit of heat to the PC case , and I am looking for every single detail to improve the airflow or to reduce the heat produced by the internal components , every single detail can affect the performance and increase or decrease the temperature inside the PC case

I suggest to change your passive video card heatsink and swap with a Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 passive heatsink, in this way the the video card heatsink will be below the video card PCB and the 140mm Scythe fan of the CPU is more free to breath ,

img_01.jpg

Armand    0

Thanks for the input. Think i will do some testing with the cpu fan mounted on the other sides to see if the temps will be different.

One thing im seeing right now is that i don't have connected the powercable onto the videocard :? .... as its running fine, is it actually neccessary to connect the 6-pin powercable coming from the PSU onto the videocard? .... and as this is neccessary, what differences will be there when its connected? ....

@ tonschk (or others) ... is it possible to install the videocard in the second PCI-e slot? Or must it always be installed in the first?

VALKYRIE    9

If I dont connect the extra power cable to the video card , the computer start a continuous BEEEEP , how you are running a video card without power cable ? I answer myself , may be your video card is a low end video card and dont need extra power

Armand    0

Well, really low end i can't say .... it's an XFX 7950GT 570 Extreme ... not high end but don't think it is low end ... and it can run without the extra power supply as you all can see ...

I guess i will install the power supply to it as it was build there to do so. Dont think i will notice any difference with it but ... maybe it's just better for the motherboard so that it will not have to power the card thru the pci-e slot.

BuddyLee    0

Good move changing the CPU orientation to exhaust out the top... I believe CM designed that case to flow straight through from bottom to top.

You may want to cut away the screen mesh on the top exhaust fans... some people claim it gives you less restriction and more air flow. The mesh is hidden under the top cover after all.

I have heard good things about Enermax Fans with their new Twister Bearing. Move tons of air and at a noise level that is acceptable... maybe even close to the level they advertise.

I have a Scythe S-Flex and it is currently the best fan in my case. ~50cfm ~20 dcb.

I am going to try the Enermax for myself, then decide what brand to go with.

My Thermaltake 120mm LED fans are junk, it sounds like my PC is preparing for lift-off.

VALKYRIE    9
... some people claim it gives you less restriction and more air flow. .

I agree

Armand    0

.... made an update :wink: ... the system in totall not making less noise, is a few degrees above what it was ... but the update is bringing better graphcs though! I bought (from second hand) a Sparkle 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 card. Standard clockspeed, standard cooler, which is Idling pretty much not hearable.

The advantage with the card is that the fan on the Orochi is surrounded with some more space. Disadvantage is that it gets some more heat from the Sparkle. CPU idle is 39C/40C. Connected the card now with 2 6-pin power connectors :wink:

[EDIT]

And some pics with the new card:

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01562.jpg

DSC01564.jpg

DSC01557.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

jimk    0

Hello all, ive resorted to ram air vga airduct. i moved graphic card to slot two and put a cheap pci cooler above. these modern graphic cards heat up everything around them grrrr

post-30407-13880422148735_thumb.jpg

post-30407-13880422151752_thumb.jpg

jimk    0

The airduct is feed from the slot at the rear. it already has a filter in place! the fan fits perfect and with a littile bit of ally to complete the channel to the rear. you could mount two fans (maybe later when i x fire).

Ive never had any problems with CPU,NB,SB,VGA its my MB temp! sometimes when gaming it hits 65 oC!!