Sign in to follow this  
Armand

Cosmos 1000 and components not that cool

VALKYRIE    9
Scythe or Yate Loon Fans would be something to look into.

I agree , for the 120mm size ,the most silent fan I have found ( till now ) is the YateLoon D12SL-12 1350RPM ( black colour) , warning dont buy the YateLoon D12SM because I got two of them and both were a bit noisy

For the 140mm size I am using YateLoon D14SM 1400RPM and are OK

Armand    0

Cosmos can handle:

Top: 2x 140mm

Back: 1x 120mm

Bottom: 1x 120mm

Above drivebay: 1x 120mm

What i wan't to buy from Yate Loom:

Top: 2x 140mm Yate Loon 140MM D14SL-12 Clear+Blue LED 1000RPM, 74,2 CFM

Back: 1x 120mm Yate Loon 120MM D12SL-12 Clear + Blue LED 1350RPM, 46,9 CFM

Bottom: 1x 120mm Yate Loon 120MM D12SL-12 Clear + Blue LED 1350RPM, 46,9 CFM

Above drivebay: 1x 120mm Yate Loon 120MM D12SL-12 Clear + Blue LED 1350RPM, 46,9 CFM

These will be mount at the molex from the PSU, so they will spinn as what is in the specs.

The new to buy CPU cooler: having the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme in mind. At the cooler i want to mount also the Yate Loons. 2x 120MM D12SL-12 Clear + Blue LED 1350RPM. This will be connected to the CPU fan controller on the motherboard, so they will spinn at 820RPM when idling (i think they will spinn like this RPM because the Asus Silent Square fan is now also spinning at this speed ... or will it be different?).

The D14SM is not available in the webshop in Holland where i would buy from, don't think this will be a big issue because the exhaust in total will have with more fans then the intake so that the negative pressure will hold. The airflow in the CPU heatsink will also be good because the case-intake will deliver more air and the exhaust will even more suck air out of the case. Am i right?

Exhaust -/- Intake:

2x46,94 + 1x74,2 = 168,08 -/- 2x74,2 = 148,4 = 19,68 CFM available for the negative pressure effect. While the drivebay has it's own fan installed, don't think that the bay needs the neg. pressure effect and will the drive be cool anyway.

Will it have better airflow and will it be more silent then what im having right now? (All are connected to PSU molex, so spinning at spec speeds):

Top: 2x 120mm standard Coolermaster Cosmos 1200RPM

Back: 1x 120mm standard Coolermaster Cosmos 1200RPM

Bottom: 1x 120mm standard Coolermaster Cosmos 1200RPM

Above drivebay: none

CPU cooler: Asus Silent Square which has a 92mm fan spinning at 820RPM idling

Jim Wilson    0
I buy my YateLoon here il the UK ..... http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=75_89

Can you tell me where you have found YateLoon 140mm Clear with blue led ?, actually I think this not exist

140mm Yate Loon LED's don't exist as of yet...so you are correct.

Armand

even though cases are of similar models..they don't all have same air-flow results and cooling due to each individuals components and cable managment..doing too much can also makes things worse....just get to know your case,environment,components and then work you way to its limits.

Armand    0

Hi Jroc,

Ordered the 120mm and 140mm LED fans yesterday:

This is the URL for the webshop to the 140mm LED fans:

http://www.highflow.nl/index.php?target=products&product_id=666

As the confirmation said, they will sent me the fans today, will have them on friday. I will post the setu pwith pics and a short review how the fans will do.

...... oh yes, what i did not mentioned yet ...... i've ordered the Scythe Orochi :drunken: ... guess i was to impressed by that monster and did not care to try to reach the lowest possible temps anymore ..... with the YateLooms and this very very quiet CPU cooler and the passive VGA-card, lets see what it will bring me... :bounce:

Grtzz,

Armand

Jim Wilson    0

nice and thanks for the heads up on the 140mm Yate Loon LED....good luck and 'Happy Cooling'

VALKYRIE    9

I forget to tell I have a Scythe "KAZE-JYU" 100mm fan installed outside five free PCI slots ( on the inside this fan was hitting the video card heatsink ArcticCooling Accelero ) , may be this is the reason I have a " fanless " geForce 8800GT at 40-41Degrees ( 27-28 room temp )

Image0203.jpg

VALKYRIE    9

I suggest to cut out the grills of the fans, in this way you can increase the speed and amount of the airflow ( by at least 30% more ) without increase the speed of the fan

2-1.jpg

Armand    0

As promised, hereby my experiences with the new fans ans Scythe Orochi cooler.

Replaced the standard CM fans with:

- Top Yate Loon 2x 140mm, 1350RPM

- Rear Yate Loon 1x 120mm, 1000RPM

- Bottom Yate Loon 1x 120mm, 1000RPM

- Above drivebay, so extra fan against what was "standard", Yate Loom 1x 120mm, 1000RPM

I must say, they don't make less noise. I think the noise level is even with the standard CM fans. Thats a little bit disappointing but, the fans are now with blue light.

Think a will buy a fancontroller to lower the 120mm fan speeds. They spin a little faster (150RPM) then the CM fans, so that will reduce the noise a little i hope. With the controller i can then tune the best speed for the fans while keeping the same temps.

Then, with the Orochi fitted and the new fans, i loweded the overall temps. With the fan now close (2mm) above the videocard heatsink, this is dropped in temp the most. It is what i was hoping for and for now proved to be working!

Some pics of the setup now. Know that mounting the Orochi inside the case was really easily done. The Cosmos has lots of room to even mount this giant of a cooler inside it ... and uhm, im lovin it, looks really good inside the Cosmos if you ask me :wink:

DSC01504.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01524.jpg

DSC01526.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

All and all it lowered my idle temps:

CPU: -/- 3C

GPU: -/- 6C

(Measured the temps on the same day, before install, idling for about 10min, and after installing after 10min (knowing that the temps probably will be a little lower as the thermal paste will have to "set" it self after a few days of work).

Greetzzz,

Armand

Jim Wilson    0

as long as your happy with your results....that is a monstrous heatsink....of course I would have tried something different...I would have purchased a small 80mm/92mm fan for the video card heatsink and then placed the CPU Fan on top as usual and blew air into the heatsink towards the CPU..right now its drawing the hot air off the video card passive heatsink....but its your temps and expense....and even with the Fan on top blowing into the CPU..the fins would route air downwards towards the passive heatsink and a fan might not even be needed. I wonder if that 120mm fan isn't getting some restriction being that close to the video card.