Sign in to follow this  
Armand

Cosmos 1000 and components not that cool

Armand    0
do you understand 'passive' cooling? In fact with a CPU temp of 41C with passive cooling is actaully pretty damn good. You GPU temp is actually pretty normal for that card. You MB temp,CPU Temp show that your air-flow setup is good.

Uhm .. offcourse i do understand "passiv" cooling. The CPU is not passive cooled, there's a fan inside the heatsink. When a fan is mounted above the heatsink off the GPU (like mounted in or on a CPU-cooler like mine), then it will for sure cause more airflow over/in the GPU-heatsink. The result ive shown you by the better temps when i rotated the CPU-cooler.

A temp of 41C at a motherboard temp of 37C is good, i know .... but with an outside temp of 27C, i think it must be possible to have better readings, is it not? ... So the only question what im having is if there are people having better options for CPU cooler and fan-setups then mine which will reduce the overall temps and maybe as well the noise (which is allready good with standard fan-setup i think!).

Armand    0
Scythe or Yate Loon Fans would be something to look into.

What are the specs of the standard fans actually? I could only find that they are spinning at 1200 and are 17dBa (or 22dBa?). Airflow .... CFM?

Scythe or Yate Loon Fans would be something to look into.

What are the specs of the standard fans actually? I could only find that they are spinning at 1200 and are 17dBa (or 22dBa?). Airflow .... CFM?

the standard CM fans used @ 1200rpms are about 44.03 CFM. The 17-22dba is a deception. CM's fans are usally pretty loud and in my opinion don't really move the air they say.

Armand    0

Great! Thanks!

So now, what (4) fans should i buy to replace the CM fans? .... offcourse, wanting them to be more quiet and at the same time move more air :wink:

Thanks for the advising!

As we speak, ive read the temps again ...

Yesterday / Today:

DIMM: 36C / 35C

GPU: 57C / 53C

CPU: 41C / 41C

Motherboard: 37C / 36C

Samsung 320GB: 28C / 28C

Samsung 320GB: 31C / 31C

Roomtemp about 1C lower then yesterday .... ive mounted some 1cm thick soundfoam in the empty 5,25 drivebay caps ... this to have no air sucked from that panels so that the neg. pressure sucks the air from the bottom fan , the HD-area at the bottom and the open area near the IO shield (where the removed air-duct got his "cool" air from). Again scored some GPU-temp improvement :cheers::cheers::cheers: !

Jim Wilson    0

My fan preference is:

Thermaltake Silent Cat A2329 120MM (Mainly exhaust or CPU fan) (Rear and Top of Case) exhaust

Yate Loon 140MM D14SM-12 1400rpm@62 CFM (Side and Bottom) intake

Yate Loon 120MM D12SL-12 1350rpm@47 CFM (Front) intake

but in all, your temps are well within normal ranges. But,If those temps were on my GPU, I would be adding a fan to heatsink and of course replacing any noisy fans that I found intolerable.

CHEESEWHiZ    0

I would also suggest replacing that passive cooling. There' really no reason to use passive cooling on a video card if your other components are being cooled by fans. As someone mentioned earlier, I would also get RivaTuner. I use it and just have it run my fan 100% on my video card. I've got an EVGA 9800GTX and it's at 38 C now idle. My room is around 22 Celsius.

VALKYRIE    9
My fan preference is:

Yate Loon 140MM D14SM-12 1400rpm@62 CFM (Side and Bottom) intake

Yate Loon 120MM D12SL-12 1350rpm@47 CFM (Front) intake

Incredible I use now exact the same YateLoon fans , two YateLoon 140mm D14SM 1400RPM at the top of the case , and a 120mm YateLoon D12SL 1350RPM at the back , very silent under 1000RPM, this is a old photo of my CM690 , with another fan at the back , my video card is a total passive geForce 8800GT , at idle , the temp of video card is around 40 Degrees celsius ( room temp 27 ) , and the Intel E8400 have about 33-34 Degrees

Image0003.jpg

untitledklkkk.jpg

Armand    0

Wow! See, exactly as im having the set up! Only with some other fans installed. The Cosmos must be able to drag the temps down. I think i will buy the fans as proposed!

What cooler is it at the pic? And what type of fan is installed in front of it?

Jim Wilson    0

This is what I would look at...but its your case and satisfaction that counts.

Not sure how many 140MM this case can hold...replace with 120MM if it can't.

2-140MM D14SM-12 1400RPM@62CFM (Bottom and Back) Botton Intake-Back Exhaust

2-140MM D14SL-12 1000RPM@46CFM (Top) Exhaust

1-120MM Yate Loon (Front) Intake Plain Black or LED (see below) 46-47CFM

YATE LOON 120mm Case Fan - D12SL-124B - UV Blue Frame with 4 Blue

1350RPM@47CFM

http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm ... -3773.html

**also I think the CM Bottom cage could be modified to allow better airflow (looks cheap)

http://www.jab-tech.com/140mm-Fans-c-282.html

**these are genuie Yate Loons...rumor started somehow they weren't**

http://www.xoxide.com/ (another good site)

Petra's (if he has them in stock)..buys direct from Yate Loon

http://www.petrastechshop.com/12yalod1cafa2.html