Sign in to follow this  
Otniel Ruelas

HAF 932 Official Thread

kelvin45    0

Is it possible to remove the click and lock device on one of the external bays? If so what is the easiest way to do it. the Akasa Fan controller I have isn't the full depth and the locking device doesn't hold it very tight.

Kelvin

SuperJoker    0
But would the CM Sniper be OK for air cooling an i7 920 up to 4GHz + 2 x OC'd 4890's? Also where in the UK can you get a CM 200mm Blue LED side fan?

This is the same problem with the HAF for some. I gotta say that I think CM's support in the UK is a bit poor from what I can tell...

If I could I'd get The HAF 932 + A Filter kit + replacement CM fans in Blue + the extra fan!! All for about £150 I'd be a happy chappy!

Though the Sniper is interesting, but again where do I get the extra 200mm fan from here in the UK?

Try the CM Parts store for Europe, they can help you with that part. The Sniper will be fine for your needs.

Thank you so much Icejon, nobody had mentioned that that there was a European parts store!! :bigsmurf: This gives me more confidence in CM products, and I appologise to them for my earlier outburst.

Do we have a date for the release of the HAF932 filter pack and specifically in the European store?

I'd also like to buy the dust filters and I'd hope they'd be for every possible opening, Except the rear slots, As those I'd close up and no I live in the USA and I own one HAF 932 case, But until I get some filters, the PC in that case will remain unused.

This case is good... having the best airflow is all type of casing i ever see... but the problem we having here is the chassis doesn't fit the aquagate max as the picture told... i was thinking that did coolermaster tried to fix it up before they sell? Another thing that the aquagate max doesn't fit the AM2 is because the spring on screw is too hard and long... to it will bend the motherboard which is still a minor problem but what if the motherboard in long term pressure till the heat breaks the motherboard or some of the pcb board is not that good quality and it breaks the copper line... Even if i using now i have to custom made another spring for it...

jwigeland    0

How many mm are available between the side panel and a bottom-mounted PSU? Looking to install dual double-120 rads with fans all internally to cool my Quad-SLI (up top is already spoken for with a triple 120 for the CPU). Thanks!

Sarge    0

It's about 35 millimeters. However, I may be a little bit off. See, I'm measuring this with the right-side panel open and so I'm not actualy putting a ruler up against the points we're measuring the distance between. It's more of an estimate.

If someone wants to get a more precise measurement, please do it with the right-side panel closed.... If you've got small enough hands to reach in there somehow. 'Cause I don't.

jwigeland    0

35mm? Hmm... someone else told me they have 38mm fans on the side panel and there's almost enough room for a single-pass radiator - so do you mean there's 35mm available between the PSU and the existing case fan (25mm) for a total of 60mm (a little more than 2")? From the pictures I've seen that sounds about right...

Sarge    0
35mm? Hmm... someone else told me they have 38mm fans on the side panel and there's almost enough room for a single-pass radiator - so do you mean there's 35mm available between the PSU and the existing case fan (25mm) for a total of 60mm (a little more than 2")? From the pictures I've seen that sounds about right...

OK, I just went back a measured again, and now I see that in my earlier calculations I made a mistake. :(

The fan on the side panel is a hair short of being 33mm thick, including the grille attached to the blower side of the fan. But when you close the case, there's about 10 mm of space between it and the PSU. That means there's about 45mm of space between the fan mounts and the side of the PSU. That should be enough space to mount any radiator. :)

The mistake I made was that I forgot that the fan mounting holes are indented, and that the indentations themselves are mounted in a grill that sticks out about 5mm from the main plane of the door itself. (Because Coolermaster was trying make this all as freaking complicated as humanly possible, apparently.)

The only major problem I see is with mounting two of the radiators on there is that you'll have to be sure you don't get a pair that have too wide of a footprint. The mounting holes for the 120mm fans are only about 2mm apart, measuring center-of-hole to center-of-hole. Since you'd be putting these radiators side-by-side, you have to make sure they don't exceed the 120m footprint by too much, or they'll bump up against each other. One could even block the other from being mounted if it's footprint is too wide.

Sarge    0

Hey guys.

I accidental broke one of the plastic wheels (the optional ones that replace the feet) on my HAF 932. Do any of you know where I can buy replacement wheels online? I've been looking in hardware stores, but none of them seem to carry the kind I need.