Sign in to follow this  
wayne

Which CoolerMaster Cooler?

wayne    0

I want to change my stock Intel cooler.

I am torn between the CoolerMaster X Dream III and the Aero 4.

What cooler will deliver the most cooling power?

What cooler is the quietest of the two?

Will any one of these coolers be quieter than my stock Intel heatsink?

I do not understand the need for a fan speed controller on a processor? (Areo 4) I can understand turning down fan speeds on the case fans but not on the processor. I would think you would want to keep the processor as cool as possible?

I would appreciate any thoughts on this subject.

Any part I choose for my computer is a major decision as I am very fussy...............I do appreciate your imput.

Cobra19    0

i've read reviews about the difference between the regular fan type coolers and the Aero type coolers..well as u know the fans have a blind spot in the center of it where the motor lies..that blind spot reduces the performance of the cooler leaving the center of the CPU not as cool..where as the other type send a full jet stream of air directly to the processor..no blind spots nothing .just all cool air..I would go for the Aero 4......

Mr. Miyagi    2

Well, if you are looking for a quiet solution, the XDream III would be better since it has a dba of 20 while the Aero 4 is 23 dba at the lowest settings. The Aero 4 will deliver the most cooling power, like Cobra19 stated, it doesn't create the "blind spot" found on most heatsinks. They would both be quieter than the stock heatsink. As for the fan controller, when you OC or you need to get your temps lower, you can increase the fan's rpm to have more air on the processor, thus cooling better. The draw back is the fan will rise in noise level. So when you are running normally, you can lower the rpm so it can be much more quieter while not overheating because the fan can become annoying after long periods of time. I hope this helps you out.

wayne    0

I believe I am going to use the Areo 4!

I was leaning towards this one all along but I wasn't sure about the noise level. As long as it is guieter than my stock Intel cooler than I will be happy. My processor is a Pentium 4 2.80E GHz (Presscott) and I want to cool it down. This should give me better temps.

Thanks for your input. It does help!

Long live CM