Sign in to follow this  
XenoMorpH

CM690 official airflow

XenoMorpH    2

At this moment I have 6 120mm, 2 at the front (inlet), 1 at the bottom (inlet), 2 at the top (inlet) and 1 at the back (outlet). The outel 1 is also a Coolit watercooler fan with a radiator infront of it, so it basicly sucks all the air out of the case.

I have read quite some posts about decent airfolws, some people say that having overpressure in ur case (like I have now) is better cooling and some say underpressure (more outlet than inlet) is better cooling.

But is there some documentation form CM for the 690 about the best fan settings?

Or can people post their CM609 aiflow on how they have setup their fans?

• Upvote 1

Zenphic    0

Here's how I think it should be:

Exhaust:

Top fans - 2x 120mm

Rear fan - 1x 120mm

Intake:

Side fans - 2x 120mm + 1x 80mm

Bottom fan - 1x 120mm

Front fan - 1x 120mm

pcew    0

I got . . . :D

Exahust

2 x 140mm fans top exhaust

1 x 120mm fan rear exhaust

1 x 80x80x15mm fan side exhaust

Intake

2 x 120mm fans on frontside

1 x 140mm fan bottom

2 x 140mm fans side

LuckyNV    0

Exhaust

Top 2 120mm S-Flex F

Rear 1 120mm Zalman F3

Intake

Front 1 120mm Yate Loon Sleeve-Low @5V

Side VGA 1 140mm Yate Loon Sleeve-Medium

CPU cooling

Thermalright Ultra120Extreme

Push - Zalman F3

Pull - S-Flex F

Aimed toward the rear fan

All fans on Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme fan controller (6 dials, 4V-12V variable, 30W each)

Mods

Top fan grills and plastic grill removed

Front fan grill removed (early rev with the metal fan holder)

Side CPU fan mount blocked - using cheap cloth/foam mouse mat

To do -

cover left side panel completely with cloth/foam mouse mats except for the VGA side fan area.

cut holes in top metal mesh for the two 120mm fans so I can mount them on the outside of the casing instead of the inside to give better exhaust and more internal room.

cut rear fan grill

XenoMorpH    2

Seems to be you guys use the 2 top fans as exhaust.

I myself dont use the sidefans, as for the top 1 there is no space left to mount a fan due to my CoolitSystems watercooler, and for the lower 1 will cause some irritating reseonance noise :?

Receiving the CM690 windowed sidepanel in 1 or 2 days, with only 1 fan intake, and maybe by using rubber o-rings the resonance will be minimized, as I have used rubber o-rings on the top 2 fans also which infact did help :D .

Still need to cut out the frontpanel mesh (plastic) to give better airflow.

Does CM have some docs where they have tested the best setup for the CM690? Seems logical to me CM tested this case and does have some reports about it :mrgreen:

VALKYRIE    11
Still need to cut out the frontpanel mesh (plastic) to give better airflow.

:

I already cut and eliminated the front and bottom plastic net filter to increase airflow , the next step for me is to cut the metal grills on top and back of the case , i already eliminated two of the top plastic grill and metal mesh of the CM690 , one of the 140mm exhaust top fans is partially covered with the black top plastic cover therefore I think the coolermaster engineers have done a bad calculation here

Image0007jjggg.jpg

XenoMorpH    2

Hmm, I was thinking...I got my fans setup as this:

caseflow.jpg

But, wouldn't the last top fan take away the flow? So the watercooler gets too little air to cool?

Maybe my previous setup isn't that bad after all, sucking in fresh air from the top.

VALKYRIE    11

Both fans at the top must be exhaust " Chimney Effect "

I think we can learn from thr ZALMAN GS1000

zalman-gs1000jpg-2ggggg.jpg

main1ap3alktojjjjj-1.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-1.jpg

This in my cable management , this is a older photo , right now tha cables are a little bit better

At the top are two exhaust Yate Loon D14SM 1400RPM 62CFM 140mm fans ( very silent fans ) controlled via utility and mobo

I hate Modular Power Supply because Modular Power Supply are messy and untidyImage0003.jpg

XenoMorpH    2

True....

Note that I'm using a watercooling setup. Wouldn't the total warm air production be much lower than using aircooling...?

The cooler at the back is pulling the air through the rad, and if the top fan is exhausting all air, wouldn't the rad.fan get too little air to cool? :o