Sign in to follow this  
LooseCannon

Cosmos S side fan Destroyed!?

Fireheart    0

Your best bet for a solution is not to issue threats or demands, but to take a simple three prong approach to solving the problem.

Post your issue in the European Tech Support thread on this forum. Contact CM Parts Europe and/or one of the European tech support people, like Rudieman. And be patient, since everyone is busily scrambling to both figure out why/how these failures are occurring and support customers all over the world in getting it fixed.

If you look carefully, you'll note that all of the support messages on this particular thread are from the US. Rudieman may not have even read it, or may presume that all clients are being taken care of already. Being rude to him, or about him isn't the way to get good customer service.

And there's no indication that these replacement fans are failing, yet, so there's no need to presume they will - although they might.

I suggest sending a PM to Rudieman with a photo of the broken fan and shipping information, so he can ship the replacement as soon as he has the parts.

Be Well!

Fireheart

VALKYRIE    11

I still speculate how the strong blades of this giant 200mm fan fall apart all over suddenly without reason ( without a hit )

120015.jpg

Solomon    0
Your best bet for a solution is not to issue threats or demands, but to take a simple three prong approach to solving the problem.

I have the simple right to demand a working product or in case of failure to receive a working product as replacement.

Post your issue in the European Tech Support thread on this forum. Contact CM Parts Europe and/or one of the European tech support people, like Rudieman. And be patient, since everyone is busily scrambling to both figure out why/how these failures are occurring and support customers all over the world in getting it fixed.

I contacted:

• [*:l9biuc7t]Here with the tip to contact Rudieman
    [*:l9biuc7t]Through the support form (european one) with the reply, that they will send me the same fan that already broke
    [*:l9biuc7t]Rudieman, who told me, that he will send me the same fan, that already broke, because he does not have the one from the US

Also I won't run to ten different places (already have 3), to get the right service.

If you look carefully, you'll note that all of the support messages on this particular thread are from the US. Rudieman may not have even read it, or may presume that all clients are being taken care of already. Being rude to him, or about him isn't the way to get good customer service.

First of all, if you would have looked carefully, you would have noticed, that I am aware of the fact, that this is the U.S. support, that I already contacted Rudieman and that he already replied to me. And last but not least, that I was not rude in any word I wrote. No swearing, threatening or anything else. Just the plain fact, that it seems, that the support won't help me, even if I paid $400 for a case from their company, and that I won't let them do this to me unnoticed.

And there's no indication that these replacement fans are failing, yet, so there's no need to presume they will - although they might.

Again if you would have looked (read) carefully, you would have already (without me explaining again) noticed, that I will not get the "replacement fan", but just one of those fans, that are failing all over the world, like you said yourself...

I suggest sending a PM to Rudieman with a photo of the broken fan and shipping information, so he can ship the replacement as soon as he has the parts.

Thanks for the kind suggestion! I suggest you read the thread, befor telling me, that I am rude and that I didn't inform myself.

Be Well!

Fireheart

You too!

Solomon

P.S.: Now don't get me wrong. I really appreciate, that you are trying to make things better. But befor trying to give tips and solve problems, you should always first understand the whole story behind it. I spent 6 days now on solving this problem. What I got sofar is that they are going to send me the same fan again. I am not satisfied with that. Can you understand that? If yes, you understand my reaction. Especially when you keep the $400 in mind, that I spent 3 month ago. I could have bought lots of other things with that money, but gave it to CM. Now I WANT something back. As simple as that. I do not beg for it, but demand it. In the beginning I was very friendly. I was polite and waited. Now after 6 days and noone seeming to solve the problem, I am even getting ignored. This is simply not tolerable for me. Even now there is no reply from a Moderator or Admin. I am not getting angry. I am a different kind of person. Normaly in these kinds of situations my brain starts to calculate very cool. That is the main rason, why I am NOT getting rude here. It wouldn't help at all. I just explained the situation to CM and what will result out of THEIR actions, not mine. It is not my job, to help. It was my job to pay them. I did. Now their part was to give me a working product. They failed.

Are we ignoring customers here? I asked a question. Saying something is always better than saying nothing. :roll:

Alright since I didn't get an answer, and it seems, that I am being ignored (and don't tell me, that it is none of your business ;) ) here is what I am planing to do (to kill the thought of "what could he possibly do ^_^"):

I got a reply from Ronnieman, where he told me, that he will send me a replacement fan (kind gesture). However, if it comes out, that it is the same fan as befor, I will not install it, as it will probably have the same problem again, which in the end could cause damage to my system. Since I paid over 250€ (that's almost $ 400 for those, who do not know) for the case and simply have the right to get a WORKING solution, I will take action; I will make it as public as possible.

I am admin of http://www.Zocksession.de (the biggest gaming community in the area of Cologne/Bonn, also organizing LAN-Partys), http://www.Heldenreich.de and http://www.Faers-Lome.de. I am also very active on several other forums. As you can see, I have many connections to other communitys and even gaming sites like http://www.PCGames.de (occasionaly writing news for them) and http://www.Gamestar.de. I won't do this out of anger or out of hatred, but simply to warn others of your products. I won't be ignored by them and it will for sure cost Cooler Master much more than a simple posting here and shipping of the fan from the US would have cost.

So let's wait, and see if I get the same fan that already broke. I will for sure start right here with making it public as soon as I get the fan. ;) Pictures and a big review of the whole situation will do, right?

There is one thing left to say: Why do so many companys make the same mistake over and over again? Not the best product makes the best company. It is the satisfied customers! Maybe just because we let them do it over and over again.... well not I at least.

Have a great day and keep checking for my next posting here. 8)

Hi Solomon, Sorry i didn't mean to ignore your post. Yesterday i came online just to post an update and didn't have time to read the posts.

Let me talk to some of my EU colleagues so see how we could speed this up for you. Could you PM me your contact and shipping information?

Rudieman    2

Hi Solomon, because I'm very busy I don't read the forum each day; I know wish I had because I already send you the fan and yes it's probably the same as the one you have already. If I had a new fan I would send it to you but unfortunately we do not have those yet. I just talked about it with some colleague's of mine and we are speeding things up. Let's hope Taiwan will cooperate!

Areghas, altough sometimes I like to yell at customers myself because they are very rude or treaten to sue us for no particular reason etc., Solomon was not and I understand his point. I think therefore your'e answer was uncalled for and i would like to ask you to leave these remarks behind next time!

Jim Wilson    0

Rudieman

Very well explained...I understand that this isn't a full time job to play in a forum (lol) and that this is just a added convenience to the consumer as a extra outlet to communicate, and that the proper official request for support would be to use the Website contact form or telephone. However,frustrations do carry over to here and your explanation..though late as some see it (because we know you are busy)...does take alot of anxiety and steam off posters. Silence isn't always golden..but often 'raises blood pressure'...all I can say about your post is:

Salute and Hats Off!

P.S **North American Support...Please contact Rudieman for Advice**.....LOL...just kidding!

Solomon    0

Very diplomatic, Rudieman. Thank you very much for your effort. Today I got the fan (700 RPM version). It just is the same fan as the one, that already broke, but I can understand your argumentation.

Only thing left to say is PLEASE contact me, as soon as you get the new fan from Taiwan... ^^ I don't want this thing to explode again! :D

Cue    0

I've had my case for a few months and my fan also broke. :cry: . In fact this is the second loud bang in my cosmos s case.

1) I heard a bang in the case and didn't know what it was at the time. I shut off my PC looked around inside and saw nothing wrong. A week or so later I gutted my case to install a WC system and found a spring inside. this spring came from the Front panel flap. The piece of plastic holding the spring to the arm is very small for some reason, even though the arm itself is thick. If you leave the flap half open (which I had done) the tension in the spring can cause it to snap off over time sending the spring flying. I was lucky it did not short anything since I'm guessing its conductive. SO DO NOT LEAVE YOUR FRONT(TOP) PANEL LID HALF OPEN.

2) What you've all been talking about here, a fan blade came off. I do not want a lower RPM fan since my MB and Ram gets very hot and relies on the 200 mm fan alone. I work in a physics lab and getting hold of strong epoxy is not that difficult so my question is should I attempt a repair or can I get a replacement for the same fan + the fan guard (a flying fan blade causing damage to tubing can be disastrous)

Kind regards

Jim Wilson    0

Cue

Since CM has acknowledged this issue/defect with this CM fan...I would say you are entitled to a replacement fan w/guard under warranty. When you get it is another matter.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10546&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15#p82682

Personally, I wouldn't attempt to fix the blade on that fan...expecially without any type of guard. I praise CM for acknowledgment of this issue and attempt to make it right...but I wonder if they took the initiative to look further into this problem..because to me its either a design flaw or cheap material construction. Antec uses a 200mm fan and the only reports about fan blades being broken off..is due to human physical contact and not just flying off during normal operation.

I think Cooler Master has some nice Case's and are most likely going forward in the right direction..but sometimes i feel like im seeing 'profits before quality'