Sign in to follow this  
LooseCannon

Cosmos S side fan Destroyed!?

LooseCannon    0
This 200mm fan is the same fan used by ANTEC Nine hundred and ANTEC Twelve Hundred , this ANTEC Big Boy 200mm Fan is very easy to find everywhere in many online stores , the cost is about 15 Euros

The cosmosS is not that old and any failures would be covered under warranty, why pay?

Zenphic    0

That fan from FrozenCPU might do the trick.

If anyone could check the model# of their fan on the fan and compare it to the one at FrozenCPU, that would be awesome

Jammer    0

Looking for that was my first reaction. My fan doesnt have a PN on it. Just a sticker with a large CM logo.

Hi Everyone,

I've replied to couple PM of people needing the fan and happy to announced we received a shipment of fans coming in today. Please provide your shipping information and picture to either ts_123 or myself on PM and we'll get them out to you as soon as possible.

Once again thank you for your patience.

Hi All,

I noticed some of you have given PO BOX as your shipping address. Please provide to us physical address because UPS will not ship to PO BOX.

Solomon    0

I am a little upset now. I sent a PM to Rudieman and did not get an answer yet. However I got a reply from the european support regarding my request for one of those fans.

Here is what I got:

Dear Ms/Mr,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I will send you the new version that spins at 700RPM in stead of 1200 RPM. We don't have the one with the grill.

Kind regards,

Technical support

---------------------------

So far so good... here comes the problem. I was constantly running the old and broken fan at 500 rpm (I have a Zalman fan control) and still it broke. If they just send me the same fan running at 700 rpm instead of 1200 (full speed) it will probably still break after a while and not solve the problem, right? Also what about the less cooling?

So I ask again here: What should I do? I paid more than 250€ for this case and after 3 month one of the major features stops working with a loud bang. Now the support is telling me, that they will send the same fan again, just with a little less RPM, from which I know, that it broke on less than 700 RPM. I did not pay for less RPM. I didn't pay for writing mails and posting on your forums. And last but not least I didn't pay for bad support.

It would be like getting one of the best cars on the market. Then after a short time, the engine blows up. The answer from the support from the company is: We will send you the same engine again, just with 100 hp less. It should work fine then. What would be the reaction of any normal customer? Right, you can figure it out yourself.

It is very nice, that you have a generous and fast support for the U.S., but what about Europe? What about me and probably plenty other european customers who bought the Cosmos S.

Thanks again for your time.

Hi All,

For those who sent me a PM or ts_123 a PM, we've already shipped it out yesterday. If you have broken fan please PM both of us and we'll get them out as soon as possible for you.

Solomon    0

Are we ignoring customers here? I asked a question. Saying something is always better than saying nothing. :roll:

Alright since I didn't get an answer, and it seems, that I am being ignored (and don't tell me, that it is none of your business ;) ) here is what I am planing to do (to kill the thought of "what could he possibly do ^_^"):

I got a reply from Ronnieman, where he told me, that he will send me a replacement fan (kind gesture). However, if it comes out, that it is the same fan as befor, I will not install it, as it will probably have the same problem again, which in the end could cause damage to my system. Since I paid over 250€ (that's almost $ 400 for those, who do not know) for the case and simply have the right to get a WORKING solution, I will take action; I will make it as public as possible.

I am admin of http://www.Zocksession.de (the biggest gaming community in the area of Cologne/Bonn, also organizing LAN-Partys), http://www.Heldenreich.de and http://www.Faers-Lome.de. I am also very active on several other forums. As you can see, I have many connections to other communitys and even gaming sites like http://www.PCGames.de (occasionaly writing news for them) and http://www.Gamestar.de. I won't do this out of anger or out of hatred, but simply to warn others of your products. I won't be ignored by them and it will for sure cost Cooler Master much more than a simple posting here and shipping of the fan from the US would have cost.

So let's wait, and see if I get the same fan that already broke. I will for sure start right here with making it public as soon as I get the fan. ;) Pictures and a big review of the whole situation will do, right?

There is one thing left to say: Why do so many companys make the same mistake over and over again? Not the best product makes the best company. It is the satisfied customers! Maybe just because we let them do it over and over again.... well not I at least.

Have a great day and keep checking for my next posting here. 8)