Sign in to follow this  
LooseCannon

Cosmos S side fan Destroyed!?

BuddyLee    0

Thank you neverXmiss, my new fan and fan-grill arrived via UPS today!

I would have gotten it yesterday, but I think my UPS Guy is a Ninja.

I was at home all day yesterday and when I left to get some dinner I had a UPS Sticker on my door. :albino:

That would have been like a 96 hour turn around... and over a weekend. Thumbs Up!

DoucheBag-1.jpg

munchies2x    0

I just read this thread while trying to get replacement for my Cosmos S power button issue. I decided to turn off my side fan for now. Can you send me the new fan with guard? I certainly don't want to wait until it breaks and damage my mobo etc to get a replacement. I do believe you owe this to the customer as this is a known issue. I can certainly send you a pic of my casing just to prove I own a Cosmos S.

I am in Australia, who do I need to PM??

BuddyLee    0
I just read this thread while trying to get replacement for my Cosmos S power button issue. I decided to turn off my side fan for now. Can you send me the new fan with guard? I certainly don't want to wait until it breaks and damage my mobo etc to get a replacement. I do believe you owe this to the customer as this is a known issue. I can certainly send you a pic of my casing just to prove I own a Cosmos S.

I am in Australia, who do I need to PM??

There seemed to be no difference between my broken fan, and the replacement. I don't think they changed anything about them...

The grill does not solve the problem I had, it was not something inside the bay of the case that my fan caught... it was the spider-webbing that the fan screws into that was too close to the blades.

Before I installed my new fan i shimmed it away from the panel a few millimeters. Some rubber o-rings or washers should work just fine.

I am glad to have the grill, it should have been included originally. That is quite a large fan spinning around in there.

munchies2x    0

Thanks for the info buddylee, can you post a pic? it would be fantastic if you can mate....

I read through the thread they have a different model for the fan. So they should give them for any cosmos s buyer now instead waiting for the fan to break, which may or may not can damage the motherboard and other critical components inside your computer.

LooseCannon    0

I too have just disconnected my replacement fan after my wife hit the desk with the vacuum cleaner which wobled the desk and there was a similar noise just before the last one broke (like the fan fouling for a split second).

I'll wait for a guard at least. And if that doesn't happen its staying off. I would not reccomend anyone runs that side fan without one.

CM should have stayed with the concept of the stacker...bracket with up to 4 fans (120mm-140mm)...seems the CM 200mm Fan Design and Construction is 3rd World. Also with you'd have more placement flexibility ( all 4fans or 2 fans bottom or 2 fans top or 2 fans diagonal or 1 fan w/choice of 4 mounts)

BuddyLee    0

I don't have a camera right now, but this is the side of the fan you want to put the spacers on.

I decided to sandwich the washers with 1 thin layer of electric tape and trim the edges of the tape to the washers, this made it easy to poke all 4 of the the fastening screws through the side panel and washer tape first, making the installation of the fan easier. the tape helps to hold the screws in place.

fan.jpg

Sil    0

Hey guys,

I was sitting at my desk today with my Cosmos S underneath it when suddenly i heard a loud crunching sort of sound. When i had looked at the 200mm side fan, 2 of the fan blades had broken off and it was making the side panel incredibly unstable when spinning the fan.

I live in Australia and i was wondering how i can get this replaced or whether i should just take it off altogether instead..